Ty175 Shock Length

cleaner

Do NOT go longer ! By using a forward mount with standard length you will push the swinging arm down thereby jacking the rear end up. You may find you need to lower the front forks slightly in the clamps down to the crown nuts or it will steer like a Harley !

Tony

Tony I find it hard to follow your thinking that by going to longer shocks on a ty175 with the upper shock mounts moved that it will stear like a Harley. By rising the back of the bike with longer shocks you steepen the head angle. It aslo adds more weight to the front wheel. Should he drop the forks down to be level with the top of the yoke Yes. And after moving the shock mount he will have changed the amount of rear sag and by going to a longer rear shock the rear sag comes back to where it should be. I run 360mm shocks with the mounts moved down and find that the bike will out turn most ts. I'm not trying to start a flame war, jusy trying to understand your thinking. thanks

• Like 1

Hello cleaner Yes I set the the top of the forks level with the top of the yoke and I'm using 340mm rear shocks with the top shock mounts moved down. I did find that I needed to use a fork brace, as the forks seem to twist more with the forks lower in the yokes (with ty175 forks) . By angling the shocks the spring rate changes (lighter 50 pd springs act like 45 pd spring). There are pitures of my bike on here somewhere. Sorry For no link but my phone will not let me post links. And the kickstand needs to be longer or use a rock under it.