Tr34 Parts On Ebay - Beware Of Seller.

steve

Hi all,

I bid on and won some TR34 parts for a good price recently but the seller didn't send them and I had to open a dispute to claim my money back. Item was - http://www.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The items have just been relisted seperately by a new member, here is one of them - http://www.ebay.co.u...=item33815cacc7

The parts are easily identifiable and are obviously the same. The seller has also made the same errors in the listing showing his ignorance to what he has (Beta never made a TR250 and they are not from a crosser!!!!!)

I believe he didn't honour the original sale as they didn't fetch what he wanted so he left it a while and is trying again. I feel annoyed I didn't get the parts I bought and took me ages to get my refund through Ebay. I have looked but I don't think I can report the new listings to Ebay.

Al I can do is let you guys know he is not to be trusted - BEWARE.

Edited by andy

This post lifted my spirit, I am getting more and more frustrated with being shafted by various vendors whether it be Ebay or other sellers, don't get me wrong I have had some terrific service from many sources but find that generally giving negative comments and information about poor service even outright con men is discouraged, there is one well known vendor that I have had terrible service from right up to the point of being totally ignored and not giving me part of the service I was promised before purchasing parts, this culminated in me purchasing a lathe and making some of the parts myself, I will never use that particular one again.

(sorry if it appears a rant and is slightly off topic, I would love to see a forum to list the good and the bad vendors so that we have a fair chance of good guys getting more business and bad guys getting less)

I would of left him alone from the start, anyone putting a radiator next to an aircooled cylinder and passing it off from coming from the same bike is gonna be a pillock somewhere along the line.

I see the parts are up for decent money now so you probaly got stiffed from the bidder you beat as he more than lightly mailed the seller telling him he had more value sitting there than what it sold for, jealousy and all that.

if you paid and didnt get your item. Ebay will refund your money. if you payed via paypal, you can also file a claim.

if you didnt pay, then your pretty much screwed.

too bad, i could use that rear fender...but wont deal with a scammer.

If you re-read post number one, you will see he applied for and received a refund.

Yes, I bid on the original auction and was highest bidder. He did make contact once the auction ended saying I had got a bargain. I then waited for the goods to arrive and nothing.

I sent a couple of polite emails and then he stopped replying. I warned him if he didnt send goods I would have to make a claim and also would leave negative feeback.

Still no response so I went through the whole Ebay procedure who refunded my paypal in full inc postage. I hadnt noticed the seller left some nasty feedback under a positive so I emailed ebay Saturday and I just had an email to say they have removed that as it breeches their policy and have taken action against the seller.

The items listed under the new sellers id are undoubtably the same person. I notice all the Beta items have a bid against them, it isn't me but I hope that whoever it is is giving the seller a bit of his own medicine back.

its people like this that give sellers a bad name,

iv been selling on Ebay since 1996. and have learned some hards lessons..

i too have been burned on bike parts, and a bike or 2..

iv had a buyer over seas, say he never got an item i sold him, i showed proof that it was mailed,

Ebay gave him his money back..so i was out the item, and the money..

3 weeks later, i see the item i sold, being sold by him on Ebay.

i contacted ebay...and they said..i had no proof it as the item i sent...he even used my pics...{eyeroll}

all you can do, is add them to your blocked list, so you cant bid on the stuff they have and they cant bid on yours.

i no longer offer over seas shipping on larger items..more hassle then its worth.

at least you got your money back, so other then the hassle, frustration and time, your not out anything

looking at his feedback, he is a rip off artist.. selling junk..

Edited by chuckindenver

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed 5 auctions for the beta parts all finished with the same buyer. The buyer has zero feedback, please let it be somebody messing the guy around. Would love to know, send me a pm if you know anything please.