Ty250R Mono Drum Brakes...useful,effective Mods?
Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:44 AM
Does anyone know of any useful mods that can be made to my mono to help it to stop. The bike is great for most things but the drum brakes can be a handful.
I want to keep the bike original so wont put discs on.
I usually clean the brakes out after 3-4 rides and rough up the pads/drums.
Ads By Google
Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:11 AM
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:22 AM
(sorry if it is telling you something you already know)
Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:24 AM
Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:56 AM
Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:47 AM
Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:46 PM
1. Make sure the shoes are full contacting the drum.
2. Use a yz or it brake plate.
3. Machine the brake plate spindle hole to allow a small amount of play.
4. Hold the brake on while tightening wheel up.
5. Use oversized forklift truck brake lining material.
Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:55 PM
Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:09 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users