Evo Carb Issues

bruces670

Steady on Bruce, 0007 is correct, do the floats float, as I have heard of one or both being punctured.

Regarding the needle/seat, with the float bowl off, attach a bit of tube to the fuel inlet, blow gently into it then lightly raise and lower the float, when up some slight back pressure, when down none.

Is there a fibre washer between the valve seat and the body?

New bikes always come with nicks cut out of the two plastic overflow pipes which run downwards from the float bowl bottom and right hand side of the carb. If they are not nicked, if the carb overflows, you can get a syphon going.

I've put the floats in a bowl of water and they seem fine,I will do the pipe trick and try that,it seemed to be worse this time when I put it back together,which needle and seat are you referring to? The float needle seat is in a recess and I can't see how it would be replaced?

I suggest you order a new needle and seat

When you have it in your hand it will become clear to you how it is replaced

Also you may want to have a professional look at your carb anyway, maybe it would be best if a trials dealer were to install this and set the float height, I would assume at this point it has been messed with more than once and Needs attention

Is it your emulsion tube?, bunch of tiny holes in it and a hood on top where it's exposed in the Venturi

If so it goes in from the top and the main jet screws into it holding it in place

Two two stroke carb does not have an emulsion tube. Emulsion tubes are for four strokes.

Edited by billyt