New Scorpa Owner

jon0881

Hi,

Ive only just got into trials really but im changing from a 96 Beta Techno to a 2003 Scorpa 250. I bought it today and had trouble dating it from the low res pics (http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/45172-can-someone-date-this-bike/). Im almost sure its a 2003 but i think its led a hard life. Someone has butchered a paint job onto the plastics. The engine ran ok (bit tappety but i think normal) and the lad admitted it had leaked water into the oil but he said it was the pump seal and it had been replaced. I think the oil still looked a little off so i will drop it and put in some ATF for a little bit. There are a few things that need sorting before i use it really although the wife had a go and nearly put it into a fence! You need to be careful where you leave your fingers when using the clutch :)

So, to the spaners.

Rear Shock - there is lots of vertical play in the lower connection to the swing arm. I think its the rose, ball joint thing but if someone can confirm it and share a part number and good place to get it from.

Thermostat - The lad told me the cooling system was all fine. i ran the bike for a while and the fan didnt start. After the wife pinned it on the field the fan was spinning and went off shortly after. I thought great but then i say that the thermostat on the bottom of the radiator wasnt connected to anything. Whats the deal.....

Front disc floats - the rubbers that let the front disk float are shot. can they be bought seperatly?

Winter jobs...... Sort out the plastics. Does anyone have a god method to strip it all back and prep it for a decent paint job?

Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Regards

Jon

If you needs parts fast try trials and tribulations they have a good selection of parts online. The bike looks very much like mine so im sure its a 03 model, as for the the rear shock bush try taking the bearing out and going to your local bearing shop they should be able to find you a match. Sorry i cant help much with the plastics but again ive seen them on the trials and tribulations site. See you on the orange side.

Can someone tell me what the deal is with this rear shock rose joint thingy? I got the bolt out, propped up the back wheel but it seems there is a sleeve or spacers still in there. How does it come apart?

Mission failed on the front disc bobbins too, I don't have a huge Allen key to fit the front axle.....

Cheers

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jon,

I also bought me a Scorpa recently.

Mine is a 2006 moddel.

I think you will like it verry much, i know i do!

They are realy smooth but have power enough and they turn like crazy, compared to a Fantic 305.

When you look on the internet you can find a parts list and a owners manual for the Scorpa SY 250.

Just type the list or manual and let Google do all the work!

Regarding the rear shock,

There should just be the bolt trough the lower mounting off the shock and two spacers between the shock and the swingarm mount.

When you remove the nut you should be able to take out the bolt easely, maybe you just have to lift your swingarm sligthly to give it some play.

I wish you the best off luck with your project and hope you and your wife will enjoy your bike for manny years.

Jan- Willem