Ebay 199B

bultacorock

Went to have a look today and its a tidy enough bike but owned by someone who doesnt know much about it.

started 5th kick from cold with the choke.

The airbox is made from stainless the swinging arm has indeed been moved forward and the swinging arm could be a whitlock but the under seat fabrication is not there the pivot bracket isnt right and the plunger is original length so Im guessing not a comerford job at all.

The forks were very soft the cycle parts ok but quite a few non standard nuts and bolts etc. Its been pwdercoated so looks good, normal head steady so not a real late one.

Could only find 5 gears tried a couple of times but seems like ones gone.

Box was ok but primary chain very slack.

front box needs re packing

im not going to pay more than its at now, I'm out!

Edited by nigel dabster
forgot exhaust
  • Like 1

Went to have a look today and its a tidy enough bike but owned by someone who doesnt know much about it.

started 5th kick from cold with the choke.

The airbox is made from stainless the swinging arm has indeed been moved forward and the swinging arm could be a whitlock but the under seat fabrication is not there the pivot bracket isnt right and the plunger is original length so Im guessing not a comerford job at all.

The forks were very soft the cycle parts ok but quite a few non standard nuts and bolts etc. Its been pwdercoated so looks good, normal head steady so not a real late one.

Could only find 5 gears tried a couple of times but seems like ones gone.

Box was ok but primary chain very slack.

front box needs re packing

im not going to pay more than its at now, I'm out!

hi, could you explain what you mean?

- under seat fabrication is not there

- the pivot bracket isnt right

- the plunger is original length

thanks a lot

reg used to make a brace and bronze weld it

pivot bracket is shortened, not nicely

there is a plunger into the gearbox which needs to be shortened.

All the above refers to "comerford replicas" You know what these are I am assuming.

thanks nigel!

I know about the comerford replicas, but didn't yet see one here in italy, would really like one..

by the way, can you explain the thing with the plunger?

ok, thanks again!

I presume you own a genuine comerfords, so pls tell us, is the work with the swingarm pivot point worth it? I mean, owning a comerford is one thing, the real performance of a bike is something else...

I think so, its as much a case of whats on next years bike, this would have been on the 84 factory produced one if it had ever been in a financial position to run production, then within a year or so monoshock. It helps with a couple of things chain tension grip rear wheel clearence etc but mostly increased rear wheel movement/travel. there are 50 or so other mods which all help make the bike nicer.

Best of all the conversion including swinging arm cost less than £200 (at the time!).

Edited by nigel dabster
value added