2013 Map Switch

taff_d

Dont think it makes much difference to lads like us anyway taff.

Your right Paul I have it on mapped 2 as I think it feels better ? the reason I ask is the switch is right next to the left hand grip where I want to fit one of those magnetic kill switches, so I thought I would remove it instead of re-siting it.

I was told what ever map you have it on when you remove the switch

that's what it will stay in. not sure about those lanyard kill switches ive

heard of them popping out

Edited by jsp

The last 2 "incidents" :unsure: I have had could have been stopped dead if I had a lanyard type kill switch on, luckily myself and the bike got away with them just a broken front mudguard and skinned knuckles so I thought I would give one a try.

I was told what ever map you have it on when you remove the switch

that's what it will stay in. not sure about those lanyard kill switches ive

heard of them popping out

the switch is just a switch i think, it either passes current or it doesnt.

when i tested mine the softer setting doesnt pass current so i figure if i remove it then its stuck on the softer setting. only bike i could tell a difference on was my 250 sherco.

i was told by brad baumert of ryp that the switch is just a ground. when its on map2 it grounds the circuit causing map 2 to kick in. When in map 1 position it does not ground and stays in map 1. So, if you take the switch off, it simply removes the ground option, therefor the bike will stay in map 1 position. He said they take it off all of their comptetion bikes.

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

• 4 years later...

My (new to me) 2015 also has the S and H switch.  Previous owner guessing that S was soft but did not know for sure.  Has anybody confirmed this?

On 5/11/2015 at 8:31 PM, michael_t said:

My 2015 250 has a small toggle switch on the frame with S and H on it but no mention in the manual what the difference is. I am guessing S is for soft... would that be typically used in wetter conditions?