What Did You Do To Your Fantic Twin Or Mono Shock Today !

shyted

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful work Alberto !!!  I drilled , beveled and polished a hole in my Sections frame yesterday to re route the clutch pipe and throttle cable out of the way of the forks/lower triple clamp  . The old clutch pipe was flat from  being crushed where it  came thru over  the top  corner of the rad. cover  .New pipe installed and bled , makes a much more natural bend now and is out of harms way , clutch lever even seems to feel better moving fluid thru a round pipe rather than the old flat one  ! :) Took alot longer than expected , but the result is worth it . I'll post some pictures when I get this substitute computer working , My old one went up in smoke , along with all my data  and programs ....

Now to put the new tires  on the section and lube up the rear suspension bearings/pivots  .

Glenn

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally  got around to swapping the rock hard Dunlop for the X-Lite I've had laying in wait for a while now ...

I cheated breaking the bead :) I set the tire between a couple of 4x4's and stood on it , while I clipped a old aspirator to the valve stem and sucked the air out of the tire and whalla !!! the bead broke right down where it was being squeezed :) Changed the rear sprocket(O.E.)  too while it was off and lubed the suspension linkage . Got it all back together with new chain and counter shaft , just to open the shop doors to a lightening strike and a sudden down pour ): . So I guess the new tire can just sit with bike on a stand with 30 psi in it for a few days before I air it down ...

Glenn 

Hi samwise, nice bike! I love the super-shiny fuel tank, is that a shedworks plastic cover by any chance, or whole new tank? If it's the cover, how is it? Does it fit well and not add too much weight? I am weighing-up whether to get one as the dull pink colour my tank has become, really lets the whole bike down, so would be interested in your opinion.

Thank you, I’m loving the 200 at the moment. Yes it’s a shed works cover. The cover fits really well, it just slides over the tip of the old tank. Although my old tank doesn’t have any badges, so I am not sure if you would need to remove them first. It’s really light too. The only bad thing I would say is be very careful with petrol. I have splashed fuel on mine a couple of times and it marks the paint straight away. The other day some fuel must have gotten underneath because I have noticed a large bubble form. I’d say get the tank cover but lay a cloth over it when filling up the tank and be careful.

I have actually been considering if I can restore my old tank with wet and dry and then a thorough  polish. I may give it a go as I have nothing to lose.

I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Sold my 97 section tonite to a good home , I'll deliver  it in november and break even on the whole affair . I just didn't get along with the sweet old girl .I think she is jealous of the trusty and loved 240 pro in the same building .... Damn Sexy italian girls  !, who can tell ....

Glenn B)

Edited by axulsuv

Sold my 97 section tonite to a good home , I'll deliver  it in november and break even on the whole affair . I just didn't get along with the sweet old girl .I think she is jealous of the trusty and loved 240 pro in the same building .... Damn Sexy italian girls  !, who can tell ....

Glenn B)

Damn Glenn,had I known I would've liked to had that Section...they're on my list of bikes to have!