Montesa's Future

beta

Viva Montesa!! :)

The only info I could find says (thanks to google translate):

Montesa Honda prepares the imminent launch of a completely renovated 2014 Montesa Cota 4RT, announcing that he will be at a highly competitive price.

In Trialworld we talked about the possibility of this release within this article.

It is expected that economic completing this edition, is released later this year another edition with more revolutionary changes. Of the latter, however, no official informatio

So, make of that what you will. From the shady picture you can make out new "bodywork" and the relationship of the kickstart to the tank/fender unit would indicate the package has made a bit more compact. Also would appear the silencer had been reconfigured, there are minor changes to the forks but they still look like showas. AND I'm going to go out on a limb and predict an entirely new frame - judging from what I can see in the picture, comparing the head tube to the old unit. Looks like the head tub might be a touch shorter, etc. Be interesting to see if the twin-plug ignition makes it to the production model or if that's a "works" thing.

The "highly competitive price" comment is encouraging. personally I'm hoping Honda is stepping up to the plate and swinging hard at this - modern design and manufacturing techniques mean it's never been cheaper to make stuff, and if head office in Japan put their minds to it perhaps they can keep the price down far enough to attract a whole bunch of riders to the sport.... surely this dovetails with the rules lobbying that's been going on in some way.

Fun to speculate.... and I've been doing it for years now, literally. Finally the wait is over for a new 4RT. Now if a guy could only get his hands on one in the US......

• Like 1