2012 Raga 280 (Or Factory?)

jandyb

Hi

I am about to buy myself a 2012 Raga. Something to be aware of?

What attracts me - besides that it looks da*** well - is Tech forks, AJP clutch and brakes, Reiger shock and.. well thats it I think.. :D

A little surprised that it has a DelOrto not Kehin?

-Jan :beer:

gg_raga_2012_031.jpg

Should have a Keihin - weird.

The 12 rear brake hoses are crap. Get one for a 2011.

Other than that - great bikes.

On the Raga too? 2012 Standard/Racing have Formula brakes. This one has AJP.

YES - The thin black hoses on the 12 Raga suck. Many came routed wrong from the factory as well and can interfere with the swingarm if not setup right. They will not be using them on the 13 factory's.

I prefer the Keihin as well, but know a few riders who prefer the Dellorto. Go Figure. It may also have been that way since new. I know GG ran short of Keihins last year, and shipped several bikes sans carb - so this may have been one of them. They also ran out of Ignitions - so many have the same as the Sherco - JK? Seem to work well, as will the Dellorto. Enjoy the bike - they are awesome.

GG can be like a box of Cracker- Jacks. You never know what the special prize will be when you open the box...........

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

The 11 Racing came wth a complete Dellorto setup in a bag. Might switch before selling, and keep the Kehin as a "back up".. :)

Think I'll try with the origial brake hose first. How do the problems appear?

-Jan

Got the answer on the Kehin mystery. As laser1 mention they didnt have Kehin in shop when this was bought. Promised to deliver later though, but the previous owner hasnt stressed it because he was very pleased with it as is. He shall give it a try though, but cant promise anything since it has gone 8 months...

I will also get a new spare brake hose.

Another funny thing I noticed is that the bike on the promo pics uses X11 tyres... :)

-Jan

Well spotted about the tyres! Are you buying new? It is a bit naughty of gg to ship bikes with not top components that the person who ordered it would of wanted.

What are the benifits. Of a keihin anyway?

it was new last October! Probably used hard, but is in very good shape. Got it redicilously cheap so I just had to... :bouncy: (Dont tell my wife!!)

A Kehin changes the caractaristics of the motor quite drasticly. Difficult to describe.

-Jan