Fun And Games

i think everyone had a great time, admited, i think this trial was a shock to some of the old AHRMA riders used to tape in the parking lots.

i set it harder them most vintage events, the rodeo was done to help with funding the year end awards, many dealers, Apex sports, Eurosport, Fey myers, vintage motoworks all donated stuff to give away, everyone pitched in some money for the pleasure of having fun,

until our small club grows a bit more, we have to drum up money when we can.

we still have a raffle for a new set of Dunlop 803s at 10.00 a ticket, funds go to our year end awards.

• Like 1

That looks like a good time Chuck and a good way to get the club some extra cash.When we use to have a decent VMX club here in the midwest they did a granny panty race a few times to raise money.It was fun and comical.I wish we had enough vintage trials riders in my neck of the woods to start an ITSA club.

I wish we had enough vintage trials riders in my neck of the woods to start an ITSA club.

When we started the MWVTA I was not sure we had the numbers to support it. The first event only had 11 riders, but as they say build it and they will come. All it takes is for two or three guys that can dedicate the time and energy to promote it and I do believe the riders will support it. In my humble opinion Vintage Trials is were growth will come for the trials community.

PM me if you want info on how we got started.

That looks like a good time Chuck and a good way to get the club some extra cash.When we use to have a decent VMX club here in the midwest they did a granny panty race a few times to raise money.It was fun and comical.I wish we had enough vintage trials riders in my neck of the woods to start an ITSA club.

AS above , Just try to start doing it ... The sweet old bikes will come out of the woodwork .... Especially where you live , I bet their hiding all over the place ....

Glenn

i rode at Jenny Ranch yesterday, they let me push our small club, Since AHRMA is pretty much a done deal here, and my idea of a trial isnt the same as AHRMAs.

the seling point i think. is we show case the riders, and Trials, rather then showcase the bikes that dont get any rock time.

its easy to get caught up in rules and drama..i myself pulled back from that. i try and keep in focus whats important.

having fun, making new friends, and welcoming new riders into the group.

like any club, growing pains will happen. a new class that starting to take off..stepping up the sections.

rather then some tape in the back lot of an MX track, most of the riders we have now are long time Trials ****s..who have a sick idea of fun,.. i always tell them...its ok to dab or to punch through a section that they think is too tough..

that being said, iv seen a rider punch through the first loop when his budy rides it,, only to see him, ride it like a boss the next 2 loops.

its a fine line with safety and a challenge, i think i shocked some of the old AHRMA riders, but i noticed they all had a sweaty smile at the end of the day..and came back for more the next day.

i think your best way at getting riders, is hook up with ITSA, Bob is a great guy, look into the rules, and guidlines, get with your local modern club, shy away from the old AHRMA additude, of showcasing a select few bikes, and focus on the riders, having fun, try your best to have an open mind and thick skin.

before long youll be holding 10 events, and 30 to 50 riders will show up, wanting to ride the rocks and logs.

Edited by chuckindenver
  • Like 2

We have a trials next weekend and I will bring it up.The problem for me is not enough time to be real committed to starting something.I could help some,but betwwen work and kids I never now if I,ll make it to 5 a year or 1.Thanks for the input.

this does take time away from other things...you can however, get your kids in the fun, our Modern club has a large JR group, from strider class, to 20 inch electrics.

i love our JR riders... they are the future of Trials.

i feel, that NATC is missing the big picture.

i love our pro Riders, some are close friends.

however.

its the support classes, that are the bread and butter of this sport.. at this weekends Nat. they have 5 Pro riders.

21 clubman riders...and many more that ride that same line..just gander at the results sign up sheet.

and do the math..

those are the future pro riders.

but some other facts..

some may never be pro, or even expert, some are Pro or experts that have gotten older..

they will buy new bikes, travel for 2 days, spend money and ride.

i think we get so taken back by the skill level of the Pro and expert riders, that we dont take the others seriously, when in fact.. without those riders....we are doomed as a club, and the sport will die out as time goes on.

if NATC local clubs, and vintage clubs...show case those riders as well as the talents of the pro and experts..it will draw more riders, we all like to read about Pat. Cody, Karl ect...but i think that we should hear about Joe, Maddie. Chase. and others that did well at the podium as well...

if we all really want to keep this sport alive that is how we can do it.

• Like 2