Sa Clubman, What To Expect?

Hi guys

In the clubmans class, what skills are required and what sort of obstacles could I expect? Im trying to practice a little every day. At the moment, I can do locked turn figure 8s, get up and over a 50cm tractor tire and a 50cm high cement wash basin. My balance is getting better but is not fantastic (5 to 10 seconds).

Anything else I should be practising? Ive only been riding for 3 weeks and my first trial is in August.

Thanks in advance.

Hey it's where every one is at one time

If you compete and finish last and get a lot of 5s you will still love it when you are done

Get out there, the people are great and the experience is excellent

This is probably the minimum you can expect bud. Try shoving them together with a right turn thrown in too. No one will be expecting you to be Toni bou. Just go along and enjoy yourself. I've been doing it for years and still do the easy course. Good luck.

This is the course ive laid out. All the obstacles are quite close together with sharp turns. Any sugestions on my layout or improvements I can make to the course?

Sorry about all the questions, I just have no clue what to expect. I live in the middle of the bush and am about 3 hours away from the closest venue. The first trials I ever see in the flesh will be the one ive entered.

I am getting 4 oil drums tomorrow, any ideas on how I should set them up on my course?

post-18493-0-43621300-1369986165_thumb.jpg

Im confused now. Do the standards differ from country to country? Ive watched some vids of clubman trials in south africa and the obstacles seem very tame in comparison to a open top tractor tire. Am I wrong or am I in for a surprise?

In my experience they differ club to club ! But if you train to the extremes it'll help on the day.

We work on mostly rocks and tees where we are, and the biggish rocks close together mid turn is not unheard of so an open tractor Tyre next to that basin thing you've got isn't out if the question.

Edited by wobblenorbed

Sorry "SUNSHINE", is that better? I though we were looking at the obstacles. My kit arrived yesterday. A winters day here is about twice as hot as a sumer day there.

I will rearange the course tomorrow when the drums arrive making it a bit harder. I still brand new to the sport so need to practise and perfect the easy stuff, I was just curious as to what to expect.

Anyway, thanks.

post-18493-0-74919100-1370057292_thumb.jpg

Mokwepa, the standards vary enormously from country to country, as they do from region to region. One mans intermdiate is another mans expert. I've ridden in SA, NZ and Aus and it's huge. Also don't forget that the riding terrain dictates the sections. What might be considered a clubmans section in one place might be an experts section where there is little traction. Gauteng, having lived there myself, does not suffer from this problem!

Have a look on Facebook for the NRTC page. The guys there will be in a much better position to assist.

Edited by toofasttim

Thanks toofasttim. I am a member of nrtc but cant find a facebook page for them. There isnt much on trials forums in sa. Thanks for your post, guess ill just have to wait for my first trial to see what its about.