2009 Sy250R Specs And Availability

gthriling

Hi,

I have a somewhat worn out 2006 model SY250 and am looking to update to something a little newer and in better condition. I love the build quality and looks of the Scorpa, so am thinking of getting another one. I read somewhere that Scorpa shifted to another engine after 2009, so it's a 2009 model i think i'll go for.

I have some questions though:

Can anyone tell me the difference between my 2006 model and a 2009 model? Suspension, frame, engine, performance differences etc?

Would i be able to keep my battered 2006 model for spares if i update to a 2009 model, or are there too many differences for parts to be interchanged?

And does anyone know of a 2009 SY250R owner that may want to sell their bike? Either now or in the near future?

Answers to any of these questions will be much appreciated.

Cheers gents!

I believe 2008 was the last year of Yamaha engined Scorpas, after that they changed to the Sherco engine if I am correct and the bike was substantially different. Reviews of the Sherco engined bikes were typically very positive but they never seemed to capture the desires of the buying public, so not many around in my experience.

I've a 2011 and I think it's one of the first with the sherco (270) engine.

Rides significantly better than the old one,much lighter.

Quite a few up here as we have a local dealer that promotes them.

Nice to be different from the crowd too.

2009 was the 10th anniversary model if I remember correctly it had special graphics and white wheels, only a handful were made. The 08 is probably the best one made, and the color scheme on it is real nice too. I have an 07 Factory bike and would still like to pick up an 08, such good bikes.

Yes, 2009 was the last year of production of scorpa's with the bulletproof yam motor. Birkett only imported 20 odd '09 bikes before scorpa ceased production, so you may wait a while for an '09 to come along.

Best off looking out for an '08, plenty off 'em about, only difference from '09 being the usual styling excercise decal changes.

Good call keeping hold of your old bike for spares, the yam engined scorpa's ('01 to '09) remained pretty much unchanged throughout the entire production run, so spares interchangabilty is good.

I have an '09, but she's a keeper I'm afraid.

Wish you well in your search, secondhand sy's do seem to hold there value more than the other makes as they're a popular choice with novice/clubman.

Hi,

So no one has a 2009 model for sale at the moment hey? I'll just have to keep searching i suppose - or maybe pull out the thumb screws and apply them to 'the yukon sizzler' and get him to sell me his, as he seems to be the only one with one.

Anyway lads, if anyone ever hears of a 2009 model come up for sale please let me know as i've got the cash and a drooling chin for one.

Hope to hear from someone!

Greg

PS. My personal email address is walkn4@hotmail.com if anyone would prefer to contact me there.