Betor Gas Shocks Which Way Up

davdeborg

hi silly question but which is the best way to have bettor gas shocks on ty175

seen bikes with reservoir at top and with it at bottom

do people have them with valve at top just for safety and valve getting damaged on rocks trees etc?

any views appreciated

I was told which way up didn't matter, and yes, the valve looks less likely to get damaged at the top. I have to be careful to wind the spring around to a position where it doesn't catch on the chain on both of ours.

Mark

It should be mounted with the body attached to the frame. The reason being that you want the mass that moves (the wheel, swinging arm, etc) to be as light as possible so that it is more easily controlled as it does quick changes in direction as it goes over bumps in the ground. A lighter weight is much easier to accelerate/de-accelerate than a heavier one and hence the tyre stays in better contact with the surface you are riding over.

Edited by blocky
  • Like 2

It should be mounted with the body attached to the frame. The reason being that you want the mass that moves (the wheel, swinging arm, etc) to be as light as possible so that it is more easily controlled as it does quick changes in direction as it goes over bumps in the ground. A lighter weight is much easier to accelerate/de-accelerate than a heavier one and hence the tyre stays in better contact with the surface you are riding over.

that makes perfect sense i imagine there will be countless guys turning theres over this weekend