Anyone Try The Goldentyre 257 Trial Hybrid

seavoyage

Anyone have experience with this tyre? Supposedly knobby pattern on a trials type tubeless carcass. Developed specificaly for freeriding, LDT or Trail Bike Trials?

http://www.lealicomm...7-trial-hybrid/

Gt 257 Trial Hybrid is a Tube Type tire designed for Freeriding and mountain riding. Compared to the Gt 256 Trialera it has a new knob design and a compound that guarantees greater durability. It combines the traction qualities of a Trial tyre with the self-cleaning features of an Enduro tyre. Use of Goldentyre Mousse 120/80-18 is recommended with the Hybrid as it maintains grip features on any terrain without risking punctures or cuts that cannot be repaired immediately

gt257hybrid_z1.jpg

Edited by seavoyage

Interesting idea. I doubt Jarvis or any top rider runs it. Not enough contact area(Too much of a radius) means less traction. Be interesting what does develop in the enduro cross world. Could trials do similar? I remember at Daytona 200 (1982) I watched with a grin as they had a trials race in the infield! It was good entertainment. The best obstacles were Phillips 66 Balls (like logs) and the handlebar banging on the car was awesome.

Edited by lineaway