Evo 2013 Air Screw

vgstef

Hi, I purchase a 2013 evo250 fact, to my surprise the carburetor air screw does not have the flex remote line that my evo 2009 did have. Now with out this flex line it is almost impossible to adjust the air screw without removing the muffler. Were can I purchase the air screw flex line ? I look at part number and they are all the same from 2009 to 2013.

steven

Edited by vgstef

Beta dealers should have them. I got a couple of spares from Ron Commo. He might still have some if you're in the US.

I should note that I'm not sure they fit the 2013. I bought the spares for my '08.

Edited by dan williams

Is this a 2T or 4T?

If it is a 2T then one can easily reach it with a long flexible screw driver. No need to remove exhaust to adjust.

Try this tip. Take the exhaust off, remove the air screw, grind and mark with white nail polish only one side of the air screw slot. Put the air screw back in two turns out.

Re-install the exhaust. Any time your are now adjusting the air screw the white ground down side will be visible

helping you know how far you are turning it at any time.

Edited by billyt

Is this a 2T or 4T?

If it is a 2T then one can easily reach it with a long flexible screw driver. No need to remove exhaust to adjust.

Try this tip. Take the exhaust off, remove the air screw, grind and mark with white nail polish only one side of the air screw slot. Put the air screw back in two turns out.

Re-install the exhaust. Any time your are now adjusting the air screw the white ground down side will be visible

helping you know how far you are turning it at any time.

2T , will try with the flexible screw driver, still do not understand why Beta stop installing the flex line on the carb, probably cost.

Thank you

Hi, I purchase a 2013 evo250 fact, to my surprise the carburetor air screw does not have the flex remote line that my evo 2009 did have. Now with out this flex line it is almost impossible to adjust the air screw without removing the muffler. Were can I purchase the air screw flex line ? I look at part number and they are all the same from 2009 to 2013.

steven

You could also make your own with a short piece of old speedo cable and silver solder