Rule Change From Natc

chuckindenver

this would have cut my score in half in Cali last year..

darn ticket 5s ate me up..

NATC makes change to Marker rule for the 2013 Mototrials National Series

The NATC has made a change to the rules for the 2013 season. In a unanimous decision the NATC board voted to adopt a change to the rule that governed contact by the rider or motorcycle with a marker. The rule that was unpopular last year and created much controversy has been updated to the following:

All Classes:

Page-8, SECTION – 6. Scoring – B – Failure Definitions – Paragrpah-2, Existing rule is shown with ‘strike-through’ and new rule wording is shown ‘underlined’ below.

B. Failure Definitions:

1. The machine is moving backwards with or without the rider footing.

2. The rider or machine makes direct contact with any gate marker. has been changed to: Any displacement of markers with the machine or rider, requiring that they be reset, i.e. breaking or knocking down. Touching a boundary is not a failure. The rider or machine must make direct contact with the marker.

3. The rider dismounts from the machine and has both feet on the ground on the same side of or behind the machine.

Visit the NATC MotoTrial website for a complete updated copy of the 2013 Rules

• Like 1

would have cut my score in half in Cali. i rode the TS class,

i try and take as much of the line as i can, on nasty corners...

i went through a couple sections..1 on Sunday was tough for a twin shocker..cleaned it,,got the golf clap from spectators...

and the dude gives me a 5...said i brushed a split marker with my peg...ok...next. and again 2 more times, and 2 other sections..

didnt get any in Co..heck.. dont think i dropped more then 9 points the whole event.

this was how the old rule was set... if it aint broke,, fix it till it finally is?