Need Boots For My Monster Calves!

bongo177

I just bought some Hebo Eco's off fleebay as they were a bargain and my first boots. Now they've turned up and i can't get my calves in them! Well i can, JUST about, but not with pants/socks on!

I'm not overweight but with cycling/training i've got a decent set of calves on ma, although nothing abnormal, but could anyone recommend boots with room for the larger calf!

I'll also be wearing MX pants so i want space. I am looking around and have read maybe Diadora could fit the bill a little better??

Bongo

• 2 months later...

Order one from ebay or check out Walmart if you have them. Don't use a bike helmet, one bad spill and you will regret it. I paid about $65 Canadian dollars for my first open face helmet from Walmart, and about $80 for my wolf sport from ebay

-------------------------------------------------------

pass 4 sure pass 4 sure

leather4sure-bomber jacket leather4sure-bomber jacket

leather4sure-motorcycle jackets leather4sure-motorcycle jackets

leather4sure-motorcycle gear leather4sure-motorcycle gear

Edited by suman

• 2 years later...

• 4 weeks later...

As an ex rugby prop I've always struggled in this regard with trials boots, I can just do up the Gaerne's I have at the moment on the loosest strap setting.  I had diadora's before which had ample room in the calf but both pairs the soles fell off despite several attempts at repair.   When trying on new boots I found I had to go 2 or 3 sizes bigger in the foot to get them to fit in the calf except the gaerne's.   Good luck !!

I've got fairly big calves (but I'm also overweight) so I bought Forma's and these fit okay even with tucking the pant and knee guard into the boot. The only problem I have with my Forma's is they crease at the back and dig into my foot. I'm wearing fairly thick socks to try and avoid it but I believe it might be a by product of having to go a few sizes too big to fit my wide foot. If you have either wide feet or big calves definitely shop around to get a perfect fit. 

• 5 years later...