2014 Montesa?

gooseneck

bottom line is, price of these bikes was never an issue, I know many people who bought them when they first came out and sold them promptly because they werent competitive- that was riding against beta rev 3's and the like, look how much the other 2 strokers have come on now in that time. It's like riding a beta zero against a ty yam

bottom line is, price of these bikes was never an issue, I know many people who bought them when they first came out and sold them promptly because they werent competitive- that was riding against beta rev 3's and the like, look how much the other 2 strokers have come on now in that time. It's like riding a beta zero against a ty yam

When they came out there wasn't a recession and they weren't

Edited by jj65

I don't understand your comments on un-competitive. Riders on 4rts have and still are winning awards in a wide variety of events. A tweaked new model should only help carry this on.

I don't understand your comments on un-competitive. Riders on 4rts have and still are winning awards in a wide variety of events. A tweaked new model should only help carry this on.

Many riders seem pre-conditioned to modern 2 strokes and there light weight and wouldn't ride a 4 stroke even if it was better. I've seen some youngsters do very well and win on 4rts, a couple of years ago they would never have considered one, but now they love them. If they had the money, I think a lot of young experts could win on a 4stroke and still have as much fun. Surely being good on a trials bike is all about confidence and technique. The new bike may just be what they're looking for.

Does anyone know about the mechanicals behind the crankcase decompression? Im surprised nobody is talking about that feature and how it works. Im curious. ;)

That's one of the features of the new engine that I'm interested in. I don't know how it works, but I think the future engines have something that works similar. There is reduced internal friction, I assume that's part of, or the result of the crankcase decompression. Would it have something to do with the crankcase pressure valve?

When was there last podium in the BTC?

When was the last National win on one?

Who has won a centre championship on one?

de-compressor to reduce engine braking (more like a 2 stroke?)

Like a lot of advance new 4 strokes, some use slipper clutches and I assume this will do a similar thing, most companies are trying to reduce internal engine friction to make them more effient and powerful.

read what dabster says above, these bikes are tanks period unless you buy bou or fujinami's.

Good bike for the average easy route rider though I guess.