Fiberglas Tanks And Alkylat Petrol

mudyman

I use it too, I started using it first for the brush cutter and then for the chain saws, then too for the lawn mover and now also for the bikes. It's very good as it doesn't get old, it can be stored in years even with big temperatur differences. - 30 deg. or + 30 deg. Over years doesn't change the "petrol" even premix will be as good when mixed a couple of years ago.

My problem is the price standard Aspen isn't cheap and only has 91 ROZ, for the bikes I need at least 95 ROZ and for my KTM I need at least 98 ROZ.

Aspen+ has 95 ROZ but you have to rejet the carb because the engine will run to lean when before being used with standard petrol.

There ia Aspen Racing available which has 100 ROZ, this works very fine with any bike engine so far as I van tell, the price ... well ... is around three times as much as standard gasoline,and it's not so easy to get it.

Known issues so far, none, no problem with plastic tanks, aluminium and aluminium magnesium or steel. I once had an issue with a rubber tube which was dissolved by the gasoline I think, the rubber got extremly soft like chewing gum. After replacing the gas rubber tune no problems so far.

I have a replica glasfiber gas tank here I also had no issues.

• Like 1

thanks for all the replys and to pschrauber for the info about aspen+ and aspen racing. I went to a shop near by yesterday that sells and supplys garden maschinery. They have aspen 2 and aspen 4 that costs 17 Euros for 5 liters which is cheaper than on ebay (about 28 Euros). aspen 2 is premixed but I haven´t got round to seeing what % it has yet.

They told me that in Germany the forestry comission only alows aspen for it´s workers because of the health aspects concerned with modern muck from the filling station. So I´m going to be going over to aspen for the bikes and the garden stuff. Just have to see which aspen is available and payable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK,

If I read the site right, that stuff is "real" fuel.....where as the sh*t we buy at the pump has been cut with more cheep sh*t chemicals to spin out the good stuff. As a comparison, it's like you coke dealer cutting the product with talcom powder!!! As usual, joe public is been taken to the cleaners.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Try to get in contact with Mr.Stefan Conrads from "Conrads Lacke"in Wuppertal.He invented a super sealing for the petroltanks.If you seal your fiberglass or gfk tank with that stuff no more problems with that modern petrol.Give him a ring.You have to google the adress.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...