Fiat Doblo Van?

bigman

Hi

I am looking to buy a van, I have seen the Fiat Doblo's driving around and they look like they would be a good size, as they appear to be slightly larger than the same age Vauxhall combo (2003ish). Has anybody got any experience with this van, Ideally I will be wanting to fit in 2 bikes on the odd occasion!

Otherwise I think I am going to be going down the route of an older style combo van.

Thanks

Adam

My next door neighbour's got one and swears by it. They reckon it's the best motor they've ever had.

It's usually used as a glorified wheelbarrow and filled to the roof with bales of hay for her horses. They also have a Landrover Discovery but it hardly turns a wheel they just use the Doblo for everything even when they make trips back to the UK from France.

I know it's had a drive belt issue (think it was the idler pully bearing went), new heater plugs (don't all little diesels) and a leaky injector but that's all I know of.

There's a lot of room in the back I think you should be able to squeeze a couple of bikes in.

I have the car version (ie with windows in back). One bike fits diagnonally with rear seat folded up, or two go in with rear seat removed (I have modified it to make it qd). Excellent car, 55mpg regularly (1.9 diesel) and very comfortable/relaxed drive.

Doblos are great!!

I've had a couple, must have done a collective of 70,000 in mine without a single problem.

The 1.3 multi jet engines return 45mpg even when being hammered then 55+ if the wife drives.

Carrys one bike with loads of room but can easily take two bikes with one bike facing forwards behind the drivers seat and one bike in reverse on the passenger side.

I tried a connect first which was lower, making it a pain to get the handle bars in, must be a nightmare squeezing two bike in.

• 2 years later...

• 4 months later...

Could someone who has or had a Doblo car (with windows and rear seats) tell me how you get a bike in (straight or diagonal, seats folded or removed, bike forward or backwards) and how you strap the bike in (what do you fix it to)?

Think one of these could be the answer to my transport puzzle (would really like a Doblo van but may need to take 2 kids to school in it occasionally)

Many thanks.

I've used a Doblo car version as trials transporter for many years. Fold both back seats forward and slide front passenger seat forward. Trials bike then fits in diagonally with rear wheel on offside. Straps to secure bike fit on D shaped hoops on floor of car. Depending on bike, you may manage with the double back seat not folded forward. To carry two bikes, remove both back seats (I have modified the holes in the brackets into slots to make the seats qd). I'm looking to sell my Doblo (N Yorkshire), pm me if interested.

• Like 1