Mont 200 Sidestand

old bones

Hi everyone, would someone have a good picture of the side stand on an 80's cota 200. Ive started to make one but dont know how its shaped and where it contacts/rests either on the swing arm or does it rest on the inner of the wheel spindle.

Any help would be great.

it has a bend from memory so bends away from rear at spindle erea ,it must have a stop ( at fixing point ) so it doesnt pull up to swing arm , the spring can be a pain clearing the brake pedal fixing bolt could send pics via mobile if pm me your number

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply zerorev3rev4 I tried to send a PM but it says that you cannot receive any messages, not sure why?

Sherpat all you need is a tube either solid drawn or welded with at least 2mm wall, at the dia that you want I am using 18mm, heat up the end and flatten it . It will now be bigger than the tube so cut to the same as the dia or slightly smaller.

Next cut two bits of flat steel 20mm w X 40mmL X 6mm thick and weld to the tube with a space between of 8mm . I did this with a few washers after drilling the hole for the bolt and inserting an old bolt for the welding process , grind off the weld and tidy it up to make a nice transition from round to the square. this is where Im at now and just need to shape it hence my question.

When I know the shape I can then buy any side stand spring and weld a pin at the right place along the stand at a point a bit longer than the spring to allow the spring to act in both the up and down positions. When all is finished all thats required is to cut an oval out of flat and weld to the bottom for a foot, If my explanation throws up any questions just get in touch. Good luck

• Like 1