Bruno Ceriotti, Argentinian Trials Chronicles.

xeriotti

The promised pics of my healing process... Im on day 11 now... Got skin back in 100% of the burns... and its getting its normal thickness and coloration gradually... (Badboy face included :D) Burnt areas in dotted line... The worse were in my fingers/knucles area... bare flesh was showing over there... Its still sensible but i guess i can ride a bike with care... Not sure about beign comfortable using globes already... But, on my way...

f5zf.jpg

About the spot... I drove there today to haul a couple new spools i could get... And found this surprise, kids from the neighbourhood arranged my pallets, spools and everything forming some kind of fortification... Hope they dont do the same with my sections, otherwise ill have to invest on 40 meters of barbed wires rolls or some kind of electric discouragement jajajajaja

0qxh.jpg

And... Yeah... Thats my greyhound :D Lara...

About the bike, they called me yesterday, the bike is ready to ride, but i need to finish some paperworks here on my town, so...they are dending the paperwork so i can take legal posession and then...i can pick it up....Hope it doesnt take too long...

Good job healing up!

Great news that you should have the bike soon.

You may not want to get barbed wire just yet......................... all those pallets, spools etc... can get heavy for those of us that are advancing in age. If there are young energetic people willing to move them around for you there may be some bonus to you to have them come around now and then and assist you. Saving your energy for riding. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

News... The bike is already assembled and waiting for me to pick it up in Buenos Aires... :D But... Not until its documented on my name... Soy the guys at Beta sent me those precious papers that should me here tomorrow morning... With those, ill run to the vehicle registration office to get the job done... And then FINALLY...pick the bike up and start the frustrating learning curve :D

Meanwhile... Im taking my anxiety out with my bicycle...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I think this time its the real deal, paperwork arrived home like 10 days late... Ive been busy so I couldnt manage to declare the bike until yesterday... in 7 hours (11AM, friday) ill hace all the papers to go to Beta...and pick up my bike.... Ill probably pick it up on monday.... if everything goes fine...

I sold my Toyota... so i havnt got anything to pick it up now... :S Been riding my bike and xr200 very little... Im really de-motivated... :S

Hey bud, when you do get the bike, the fire will be ignited. Ive been off mine due to some pita injuries that have turned up but got on the bike yesterday. Woooohooooo what fun. You gonna love it.

Ps also hope to be on a 13 beta 300 very soon. Hoping.

Been off the forum for a while... No news to update till now.... Paperwork arived home last week... and everything was back to me with the bike on my name by friday....

i1j3.jpg

Bad/good news is that i traded my Toyota Hilux for some construction goodies... (Im building up a 250sqmeter showroom for import/exotic/antique cars that i trade fr a living) so i had to ask a friend to take me to the factory to pick up the bike...Were heading there tomorrowm morning....So...i may have my first encounter with the skinny bike around 2pm... :D

Finally hereeeeeeeee!!!! Picked up my EVO at the Beta factory (Tigre, Buenos Aires)... 8 hours behind the wheel, a huge pain in the A$$ from the traffic but totally worth it....

kk2n.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Well, since ive never EVER ridden or touched a trials motorcycle, this encounter with HER was a bit traumatic... After talking a small trip around the Beta facilities courtesy of one ofthe Beta Argentina owners we headed to pick up the EVO... I was very impressed about how slick and thin it looks and when i grabbed it, lightness and stiffness where first in the list.... started on the first kick, jumped on it and headed outside.... I went down a road like 50 meters and came back... It was the weirdest bike ive ever ridden, and if i had ridden it before...I REALLY DOUBT I HAD BOUGHT IT!!! really strange, really uncomfortable, unsteady, unpredictable.... I just strapped it to my trailer and headed back home.....

I arrived here almost at night, but anxious to set some things up.... i pushed bars forward, levers down, calibrated the reach on clutch and front brake.... took a second ride in my sidewalk and things started to get better... The bikes no braking propperly (pads and rotors need to settle) but i could manage some flat controlled drops from a small ledge and simly roll over some curbs and tree roots... I noticed theres a lot of potential on the bike to be exploited, but also that it will not happen autoMAGICally...

That first ride was like...my first 10 minutes on a trials bike on my life...

Tomorrow ill fill the tank and will see what i can do naturally and see where should i start to work to level up my skills... I have no training videos available over here, or available 4 download on the web.... And waiting like 2 months for a dvd is not cool at all.....

Ill keep you guys posted :D

Nice. I was expecting you to think its a bit weird at the beginning. Ive ridden alot of bikes but a trials bike is completely different.

My recomendation is to just play for the first few days. Get familiar with the bike. Your skills improve very fast after you learn how to predict what the clutch, throttle, brake, suspension etc are going to do.

Look forward to seing how you get on.