Ratio :1 Tree = 5 Gallons

shyted

I brew with raspberries and brambles from the garden and hedges, also done a couple of batches of rhubarb when given some. Made cider once, but used a juicer as I don't have a press - the juicer pulping the skin in made it green, but it went down alright.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Made Vodka out of Quince . It's about the only thing that tastes nice that you can make from them things .

We had wheel barrows full of the things . We used to have Slows,Nectarine,plum and Mirabelle growing in our garden when we lived abroad . Mirabelle is really alcoholic bearing fruit and when they fall,you can smell them starting to ferment , The product " Eau de Vie " that's water of life to you and i , is made from them in France . Proper kick in the balls from that stuff . The French put sugar with the drink in the glass ,ramps up the alcohol .

Yum. Fresh whole cider is the best. Nothing like that purified, reconstituted apple juice they sell in the stores. If you have a mind to, you can add some things, and ferment it into hard cider.

Would love to hear more about these sort of antics,have you ever heard of 44/44 ? Home produced liqueur made with coffee . One lump or two sir ? Edited by shyted