7X Campion Del Mundo @ 26 Years Old

martin belair

Congrats to Toni Bou for tying Doug's streak of 7 consecutive World Titles. Congrats to Adam Raga for pushing him right to the end. The Montesa boys all agree it has been a very tough year.

It was closer than most realize. After Saturday's result Raga 1st Bou 3rd the lead had been cut in half (5pts). On Sunday by lap 2 section 3: Bou 5th Cabes 4th Raga & Fajardo tied for 2nd and Dabil winning! At this point Raga had the WTC in his grasp. Only a stong finish by Bou and a few errors by Raga on the last lap changed the outcome.

Edited by martin belair
  • Like 2

I am glad Toni done it, if he lost his championship it would have been one of the biggest rip offs in trials history with those diabolical new rules that cannot justify a true result, he has another few years of titles to come, at least ten outdoor titles I would say, the greatest trials rider ever, how many titles has he won indoors?

Id have £1000 quid on him not lasting ten years............

Nigel your on, another £1000 in my pension fund, at 26 he will do at least another 3 world championships, that's if they don't ban four strokes or hopping on the back wheel or some other crap rule that they come up with to try and stop bou!

Nigel yes, but what was the end scores, yes dibs was leading after second lap and finished 5th, bou finished 5 clear of second place and 15 in front of James

1. Toni Bou - 22 - WORLD CHAMPION

2. Albert Cabestany - 27

3. Adam Raga - 28

4. Jeroni Fajardo - 36

5. James Dabill - 37

6. Takahisa Fujinami - 45

7. Michael Brown - 66

8. Loris Gubian - 67

9. Alexandre Ferrer - 69

10. Matteo Grattarola - 89

Or Bou decides extreme enduro is better paid next year and then you owe Dabster £1000 !!

Bou is the biggest paid rider at the moment and I'm sure it's not about the money with him, I bet you if enduro offered him millions now he would not go, the guy has one motivation now, doing 8 championships to secure him of being the greatest trials rider ever, even though he is now. His dedication to his sport is far superior than any other rider! Other trials riders that have gone enduro have not been quite at the top at the time or come to the end of their career.

i think you may be taking this slightly more seriously than me. However i am impressed at your telepathic knowledge of the contents of his mind.

Baldilocks, I think your right haha, got carried away on that one, the wife has made me like that, got to blame someone so why not her!

Sorry completely misread what you said, I have to agree that if tony rides for the next 3 years he will have ten titles, (regardless of what make) but (sorry) thought you meant 10 more years on top of the seven!

(tactfully puts monopoly money back in pocket!)

Lol could have done with that grand!!!

Martin scores after second lap Raga 17 bou 19 dibs 22, 3 more sections Raga 17 bou 21 dibs 23 I reckon.

Dibs was leading after 1st lap!

I think you misread me too Nige. I said "On Sunday by lap 2 section 3" ........meaning at section 3 of lap 2... ....

Edited by martin belair

Good on Bou I say, lets hope he does another 3 in a row however how many years do raga fuji and cabestany have left? who is coming up to push any of the top 6 at the moment? Nobody.

So when the top 3-6 superhuman riders retire/move on to Extreme Enduro then the World Trials can return to a more "human" difficulty that would appear that anyone has a chance to ride the sections and would make many bench racers happy.

• Like 1