Diy Fork Guards.

mokwepa

neat. Anyone any ideas for the swinging arm, even just lower edge coverage?

Maybe drill and tap 3 holes in the bottom edge and fix some thin nylon plate to the underside using c'sink screws? You'd hardly see it, it would be light and should work pretty well. Only downside is having to drill and tap your swingarm, but something like M4 should be OK and it shouldn't weaken the it by any amount that should cause a problem.

A bunch of the guys in the club I ride with are using black poly prop water pipe on there swinging arms. Similar to my fork guards, they split the pipe and use 3x big cable/zip ties to hold them on. Its a bit too fugly for my bike but works. Im still thinking of a better looking option.

Plastic pipes on your forks?? Not for me!

Never been a fan of plastic / carbon covers. You have a nice looking bike and you spoilt it. Its an off road bike its meant to be ridden off road and a few battle scars are to be expected.

I have never seen the logic in buying something nice, covering it in plastic and protecting it so the next bloke that buys it can appreciate how it was supposed to look.

Same goes for people that put seat covers in there new car.

TLTEL

Plastic pipes on your forks?? Not for me!

Never been a fan of plastic / carbon covers. You have a nice looking bike and you spoilt it. Its an off road bike its meant to be ridden off road and a few battle scars are to be expected.

I have never seen the logic in buying something nice, covering it in plastic and protecting it so the next bloke that buys it can appreciate how it was supposed to look.

Same goes for people that put seat covers in there new car.

TLTEL

My pickup does have seat covers, how did you guess :D

When I sell my bike, I will remove the covers and the bike will look great to the guy who will hand me over a bit more dosh for my trouble, then I will have a little more dosh to spend on the next bike :), make sense? I would certainly spend a bit more money on a bike that has obviously been cared for and looked after rather than one that was thrashed because thats what they were made for....:P:)

I was asked about the upper guards on my bike. I got the bike with them but most guys in sa have them fitted. A guy named graham on trials.co.za would be able to give you info on them. His email address is on the sight. Cost about R400 ($40).

post-18493-0-43234700-1379500981_thumb.jpg