Crankshaft Balance Factor.

jon v8

Not for long,the crank is ready to come back for me to build up and true.Need some enthusiasm to get on a prep the "new" crankcases,scrape the new timing side bush to size etc...

Entry forms are out for the Golden Valley March Hare,need to get on. :thumbup:

I knew there would be something dynamic somewhere...thought it might have been the crankshaft.....first dynamic piece of engineering I've heard....'size' the mainbearing...with a scraper, very 2014. Sure you haven't got your 'white metal stuck up your phosphor bronze', I'd hate to see you end up another flailed conrod, pist n broke, but never mind, Mr Basset loves you or is it magnetos from Iron. Edited by ask greeves

What an outburst ! I've never seen anything like that before.... You clearly have no useful contributions to my question,and by the way hand scraping bearings - esp if its done properly is a very accurate way of sizing a plain bush.Which you ought to know.

If you cant help yourself from being rude and unhelpful I suggest you say nothing at all - you are not endearing yourself to anyone,nor contributing anything useful to the forum.

Anyway,I nearly have all I need and I'll post up how well it works when its up and running.There is plenty to do before that happens - The gearbox is also apart for a couple of small repairs,I need to make the new clutch fit and get one fork leg chromed/reground before fitting new seals etc.Couple of evenings should sort it !

• Like 3

Blimey Mr Greeves,last night at 11pm you thank me for a considered response and go on to say you would give more info later on....(Clearly I have not responded since then) You come back this afternoon with more of something,not anything to do with practical experience of changing balance factors for trials use.Nor have I misquoted you,I think you need to re-read your posts.

I wasn't aware of any trials going on in the west country today,do you mind if I ask where you rode ?

I'm afraid you'll have to reread the posts "is it worth it" is not saying that "it's a waste of time" To dynamically balance a single cylinder engine and to include and noting changes would require 3 complete strip downs of the assemble, tapered crankpins or interference fit crank pins wouldn't like this. Is it worth it. Your 'little gaggle' of hangers on, are what made me decide not to be sucked in and 'give away' a life time of experience. If you persist in misquoting you must expect the urine to be extracted. It would seem our differences are I respect people who ride Trials Bikes in competition and you get your 'high' from being 'the man' numero uno, on an out the way web thread.

I'm afraid you'll have to reread the posts "is it worth it" is not saying that "it's a waste of time" To dynamically balance a single cylinder engine and to include and noting changes would require 3 complete strip downs of the assemble, tapered crankpins or interference fit crank pins wouldn't like this. Is it worth it. Your 'little gaggle' of hangers on, are what made me decide not to be sucked in and 'give away' a life time of experience. If you persist in misquoting you must expect the urine to be extracted. It would seem our differences are I respect people who ride Trials Bikes in competition and you get your 'high' from being 'the man' numero uno, on an out the way web thread.

It’s an engineering fact that anything that rotates would benefit from dynamic balancing

Your above statement & previous statements indicate that you know very little about this subject

It's just the ramblings of a bitter and twisted old man.

He keeps going on about hangers on and cliques, but his was the first reply to the original post, so he was negative and derogatory from the word go.

He wonders why I posted again after saying I wouldn't, well stop posting your bile, and we'll stop defending good manners on the forum.

I built my first pre65 bike 4-5 yrs ago, after asking lots of questions on here, some stupid, some not, but luckily Ask Greeves didn't crawl from under his bridge to abuse me for not knowing the answer to my own question, and all I got was friendly help and knowledge.

Shame he can't do the same?

Edited by davetom
  • Like 1

He keeps going on about hangers on and cliques, but his was the first reply to the original post, so he was negative and derogatory from the word go.

He wonders why I posted again after saying I wouldn't, well stop posting your bile, and we'll stop defending good manners on the forum.

I built my first pre65 bike 4-5 yrs ago, after asking lots of questions on here, some stupid, some not, but luckily Greeves didn't crawl from under his bridge to abuse me for not knowing the answer to my own question, and all I got was friendly help and knowledge.

:agreed:

I built my first pre65 bike 4-5 yrs ago, after asking lots of questions on here, some stupid, some not, but luckily Greeves didn't crawl from under his bridge to abuse me for not knowing the answer to my own question, and all I got was friendly help and knowledge.

x

Ask Greeves, not Greeves. Two very different people.

Ask Greeves - Why don't you actually show some respect and end your rude and frankly pathetic attacks on members of this forum.The little technical input you have made shows quite clearly that your knowledge is limited yet you profess to have "a lifetime" of experience. I have had to deal with individuals in business who have shown a similar know it all attitude - without exception the experience has proved to be of little use.These people have have just made me to decide to look elsewhere or to develop my own experience.

As for suggesting I have a "gaggle of hangers on." I don't,what I share with other members of this forum is an interest in in trials,and an ability to converse with others without being rude,aggressive or patronising.

Andy,this is my last word on this thread,I think its a shame it has gone this way.I had hoped it might be a useful discussion or future reference point for P65 bike builders.

• Like 3