Are Any Us Trials Done As They Were Done 40 Years Ago

yellow_cad

Is there any place in the Western US where vintage trials are laid out as they were 40 years ago so the motorcycle is moving pretty much all of the time? More a momentum thing than a point and shoot type exercise. Out of more general interest, are trials done that way anywhere in the world today?

Edited by yellow_cad

Is there any place in the Western US where vintage trials are laid out as they were 40 years ago so the motorcycle is moving pretty much all of the time? More a momentum thing than a point and shoot type exercise. Out of more general interest, are trials done that way anywhere in the world today?

Most classic trials in Europe are done that way, except maybe in the Expert class.

Video's of our event last year:

Edited by guys

Most classic trials in Europe are done that way, except maybe in the Expert class.

Video's of our event last year:

See what you mean about the "Expert " class more 5's than you could shake a stick at. Simple shouldn't be allowed to get away with it. I mean it's no that it was a hard section or anything.

well if the c15 rider at 7.54 were to ride at a Yarkshire or red rose trial he d be fived all day long if he 'rode' like that..

:agreed: and with us too if I was observing :wall:

From guys video my opinion would be :-

Very harsh (strict scoring) both c15's would have only been given a single dab from me, in fact not one of the riders (failing taking the wrong course) would have received a 5 from me!

As a pre65 /twin shocker trial goes there should be sections like that that allow mostly cleans to encourage the entry, then also a few sections that you know will defeat all but the best...

Are we driving away entries to trials by making riders despondent by receiving too many fives ?

Are we taking NO STOP too literally ?

Surely a 5 should be given when all further forwards motion is not possible, you have either stalled or fallen off OR you move backwards !

If you have the skill to hop / balance momentarily on one of our heavy old lumps of machinery then why should you be penalised.

To encourage new blood and halt the decline in numbers competeing surely this must be the way to go!

That's my view from riding trials in the early 1970's to today's veteran trials.......

• Like 1

True the sections should be laid out so that there is no advantage to hop and bop but stopping with your foot down while you compose yourself for the next hazard is a five simple as that. To make it worse the section was only an easy one anyway so why the prating about?

Problem is once you allow this then you have to make the sections even harder and the whole cycle starts again. Classic trials should be run to non stop rules simple if people don't or don't want to ride non stop then get back on their modern bike and ride stop allowed trials. Classic trials are popular BECAUSE they are flowing and attainable to mere mortals lets keep it that way. IMHO of course :wall:

• Like 3