Shock Absorber Identification

shotblastuk

Could anyone identify the type of shocks from the picture for me. I can't find any stamps on them. Do you think they are of the repairable type or is this just not economical to do?

They are fitted to my Italjet t350(later model see Italjet forum)

I could do with some advice about renewing.

The bike is around the 90kg mark and I am a slim 16 stone what spring rate would you advise? (I'll get the one in about lorry springs here first!!!!)

Any particular make that people favour?.

At the moment they are 340mm is there any advantage with putting slightly longer ones on the bike. I would like more travel in the shocks than what i have at the moment.

Any sensible advice would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks Garypost-13775-0-04104900-1385288856_thumb.jpgpost-13775-0-25819100-1385289070_thumb.jpg

Not sure what yours are, but i fitted a set of NJB Trick shocks to my Montesa and they are great. I am a bit heavier than you and they handle anything I chuck at them. Good value as welL. Different springs available and easy to set up and adjust.

The spring and the distance washer used for alternate the spring rate are from Girling shocks.

The shock body is something different, to alternate the pressure of the spring back in the day with a notch and a steel ring was used by the former White Power shocks from the Netherlands, they had this system back then.

So I believe you have a hybrid made of two different manufactures.

If you need something new as Shocks, you can use tricky Fournales shocks to the Italjet, Berlatier used them too in GP,

They show up used at French Craig Lists (LeBonCoin) and are repairable or get a new pair (they are sadly very costly).