Keihn Carb

cabby

Couple of questions....

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I would be able to buy the rubber gasket that fits inbetween the two parts of said carb ?

Also...

Supermarket fuel and a Keihn carb, should there be an issue ? i.e. poor running possibly due to using supermarket fuel ?

Where are you located?

Fuel in different countries is different. Example: in USA, highest octane available outside and airport is 92. Fuel in USA contains up to 15 % ethanol. There are some fuel stations in USA where you can buy ethanol free fuel. That is all I use in my bikes and power equipment anymore because of the bad effects ethanol has on plastic and rubber parts.

Fuel in Europe can be up to 98 octane and no ethanol.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of questions....

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I would be able to buy the rubber gasket that fits inbetween the two parts of said carb ?

Also...

Supermarket fuel and a Keihn carb, should there be an issue ? i.e. poor running possibly due to using supermarket fuel ?

IMHO, and personal experience with KEHIN's and USA's Blended "ethnanol" fuels: When it happens it means you need to take the carb off once a month or so, you will notice when the idle air/fuel mixture screw seems to have little affect with anything like more than 1/4 turn adjustment or more, on the now crappy running engine... this has been on several 300cc raga's I have owned, and seems to me to be matter of fact. when I take the big jet out of the carb (same one that the slide needle is sticking into) there is always what amounts to be "snot" that builds up on the inside but past the jet... IF I find snot I know I had ethanol fuel, alcohol is some % water, water and oil do NOT mix, they "glob"! I ride a LOT per month, so you might not notice it monthly basis like I did. I now have access to non alcohol fuels, so I seldom have this problem.

Another thing, if you buy NON alcohol fuels where the same pump and hose is desepensing the alcohol blend, if you are smart you pump the 1st 1/2 gallon into your pickup/car, then fill your gas_can you fill to mix fuel, because that last customer bought the cheap stuff, and the hose is full of that crappy ethanol fuel.