Sherco Problem

slik

HelIo from GREECE . I would like to tell me your opinion on a problem that I face.

In June 2013, I changed the clutch primary drive gear , the kickstart idle gear , the kickstart pinion and all the bearings , because they had bent their teeth.

After five months with very little use in the backyard, heard a noise again. Opening the clutch, and we see that the teeth of the 3 gears are warped again. Should note that I have returded the ignition, get ahead with the first kick and change the oil enery 10 hours .

I really don't know what to do . Get new gears for 5 months use again ? Is there an other problem I cant understand ?

Thank you and really sorry for my English , Stathis.

Not exactly bright sparks Beta boys, I thinks its due to all the ignition systems replaced over the years...

And water pump/clutch casings HA HA.

Hang on I'm just as bad here hijacking the tread.

I would agree that something is catcing and jamming up the gears, I would guess also the broken spring floating around is the likely culprit.

Normally if somthing was put together wrong like a thrust washer missing or on the wrong side of a shaft you would have had noises and it wouldnt wreck teeth that easily.

Post a picture when you take it a part and someone on here can look and see if everything is in the right place just in case.

Does it make a "buzzing" noise while running?

I had an issue on a 2000 2.9 where it would buzz when running, there is a metal tab that bolts to the case that separates the kickstarter gears and mine was worn down too thin. This allowed the idle gear to partially mesh with the clutch gear. Causing wear on gears. Not too sure if that is what is happening here.

From what I can see, either the clutch basket is too loose on the shaft, or the transmission main shaft is moving too much causing a misalignment of the clutch basket and unusual load on idler gear. See just how much the trans main shaft moves, should be nil.

No other reports of this I am aware of. Quite odd!

The clutch basket does have normal minimal play on the shaft, but not like that, seems something is moving a lot!

I may have given poor advice, after thinking about it. The tab I mentioned separates the two gears on the kickstart shaft when in running position. the buzzing I heard were these two gears on the kickstart shaft partially engaged, like what you would hear if the kickstart lever were held in the down position while engine is running. But for what it's worth, that tab was only worn a little bit and caused that problem so if you are already in there it may be a good thing to replace it. I am not sure if that tab has anything to do with your current problem. sorry I was a bit of a :dunce: for a moment there.

That tab bolts on the shiny spot just below the "round alcove" looking part of the case sealing surface. You have removed the tab in the picture you posted.