Sherco 2012 Mods

sherco34

Has anybody got any modifications/improvements on their 2012 sherco that they would like to share?

I'm a 15 year old clubman rider and I've recently got a 2012 125cc sherco of which I am very impressed by after having a 2008 model,

The bike already has a keihn carb and titanium footpegs on it, I'm running a 9-48t sprocket ratio, what other modifications are there that may further improve the bike both performance-wise and cosmetically and also reduce the weight, even though it is light enough already haha.

Also could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get a 2013 model thicker sumpguard?

Thanks in advance.

Splatshop has anything you will need, yet unless you are bashing major rocks I doubt you will need thicker bashplate.

They do sell plastic covers for frame, fork, muff and gas tank which are recco for all good bashers!

Thanks, but the sumpguard already on it is bent and its pushing the rubber up against the clutch casing.

In addition to the thicker sump guard, it is a good idea to cut/trim the rubber that sits between the guard and the case. You cut off the piece that is approx 3" long x 3/4" wide (give or take) that is just below the outer case section on the brake side (not talking about the clutch cover, but rather the case section it bolts to). Pretty sure there is a mold line in the rubber that can be used as your cutting guide. On hard impacts the rubber can smash up into the case, slightly bending the outer case, causing oil leaks at the case seam.

• 2 weeks later...

High comp insert will work wonders.

Regarding the bash plate, You could make up some alloy spacer blocks. About 3-4mm should do and space the plate lower at the rear frame mounts. All you need is some alloy plater, longer bolts, a drill and a hacksaw. You may need a thin strip of rubber to go under the existing rubber one to keep it tight.

Lowering the plate will keep it away from the cases more and keep them safer. A £4 mod can save a £500 repair.

High comp insert will work wonders.

Regarding the bash plate, You could make up some alloy spacer blocks. About 3-4mm should do and space the plate lower at the rear frame mounts. All you need is some alloy plater, longer bolts, a drill and a hacksaw. You may need a thin strip of rubber to go under the existing rubber one to keep it tight.

Lowering the plate will keep it away from the cases more and keep them safer. A £4 mod can save a £500 repair.

Thanks very much! great help!