Fantic 303 World Champion Bike Of Thierry Michaud

stefano

Saw him last at El Trial about 8 years ago, he was spectating. He had a bike the other day, although he didn't

compete.

That is awesome! Have not seen or heard of him for decades! I keep in contact with D.Pyle and will drop him a line and see what he remembers also!

Steve

• 2 months later...

We had a guy here in Wyoming that wound up with Michaud's '87 works 303. It was brought over for him for the Pennsylvania world round, then left in the USA for Bernie Schreiber to ride the rest of the nationals on. I don't know all the details of the bike, but it had removable flywheel weights and aluminum axles. Rumor has it that Bernie didn't get paid, so he sold the bike. I can't imagine Honda/Montesa leaving Bou's bike behind these days.

Yes that is true that Bernie did have Michaud's bike after the World Round.....and I ended up riding Saunders bike that was left here too, later in that year! So much better than the stock one. The motor was amazing.....dont know what was done to it but is was good! Aluminum sub frame as well. I dont believe the rumour about Bernie not being paid though...

Does anyone remeber who rode for fantic back then ? and when the event was ? May make more sense as to were my 240 came from , considering the sales date I've got ...

Thanks ,

Glenn

Ck out Bernie's Book. Lots of Donner Pics there with some Fantic Riders. Edited by kramit
  • Like 1