Pool Noodle.

mokwepa

What is a viscous thorn? Are they really slippery........

A thorn is a sharp spike that grows from the stalks of some plants. Think of a rose or cactus. Some of those thorns can be very sharp and very long. Some even have barbs like a fish hook so once they get into something, they just keep going deeper and deeper.

My first post I ment the `tire` from a bicycle. Maybe a road tire. Flexible enough to fit the tube, but give you that layer of protection. The southern part of our state has thorns like that. Every plant and you would even swear the rocks are that way. We get flats, but not as often as you are having.

Just got back from a 2hr ride. My camp foam tire feels great. I checked the preasure now and its at 5psi, so another psi drop. Would like to know how thick the foam is when it settels in but no way to check untill I have to remove the tire. Oh well, no flats yet even though I tried :D

Hi Taff

These thorns do get picked up and then broken off by the mud guard leaving the thorn in the tire. Then, as we do, you ride over a rock and with our low preasure, the rock drives the thorn home.

Im my game drive vehicle, I run the tires at 3 bar to help prevent this happening.