Gas Gas Wheel Bearing Seals - Or Lack Of ? Missing?

expat_boy

I recently bought a gas gas 200 year 2000 model and took the rear wheel bearings out as they were seized solid to the wheel spacers.

When i put the identical new beasrings back into the hub there was no space for the seals. I cant remember if i took seals off or not when i removed the wheel but dont think i did. There are seals that comne with the bearings but they are far to big. The front wheel doesnt have seals either....

This is my first trials bike so sorry for the newbie questions!!

cheers

with motocross wheels they have sealed bearings like trials bikes and the picture above but have a rubber dust seal you put on afterwards to stop dirt getting in. he gas gas obviously doesnt have them i can presume then..... strange as they were in the pack with the bearings. cheers anyway.

with motocross wheels they have sealed bearings like trials bikes and the picture above but have a rubber dust seal you put on afterwards to stop dirt getting in. he gas gas obviously doesnt have them i can presume then..... strange as they were in the pack with the bearings. cheers anyway.

Would this happen to be an All Balls bearing kit? I had such a kit for my steering head with extra seals for other brands of bikes which were useless to me...

Here's how to:

Some remarks: - don't over do it with the amount of grease, the exces grease will find it's way out and maybe contaminate your brake disc.

- Use special water resistant grease: MX shops and mountainbike shops normaly have some

- Be VERY carefull when you pry out the seal as not to damage it.

- And, as stated by Charlie, make sure the side of the bearing where you have removed and re-installed the seal, is on the inside of the hub.

• Like 1