Pre War Stroud.

gautrek

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This really is an interesting old beast, belongs to Dave Thornber of the Yorks Classic club and, although I'm not sure, I feel it started life as a pre-war Stroud with girder forks on to which Dave grafted the teleforks - which look right in themselves.

Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Dave in action on the beast - and he always seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself.

Cheers.

Hi,

This really is an interesting old beast, belongs to Dave Thornber of the Yorks Classic club and, although I'm not sure, I feel it started life as a pre-war Stroud with girder forks on to which Dave grafted the teleforks - which look right in themselves.

Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Dave in action on the beast - and he always seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself.

Cheers.

I don't think its pre war as the frame looks wrong. I think its the same frame and forks as the 47 bike you have in the previous photo. But fitted with a Sloper Red Panther engine as people seem to like the earlier engines more.