First Trial - Go For It Or Not ?

snobbly

Practiced all week over Xmas but unfortunately the trial was cancelled in the end as it was so wet - real shame for the organisers ...... i'll be keeping a watch out for another local easy one and will go for the next one I can.

thanks for all the encouragement !

:)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had never even been to a trial, let alone ride one- but I've been riding for many years- but MX or enduro bikes until pretty recently.

I went to give one a go- on my OSSA Explorer (trials bike with a full seat and fuel tank).

It was super fun!

The sections were quite similar to trails I ride all the time- but of course when out trail riding I am just trying to Make it and not fall down. I do try to keep feet on the pegs, but that is really because of much better control.

I had no idea of rules or scoring or anything.

But the first section I tired I cleaned it! Not to say I did that on the rest, but felt pretty good, learned a lot about places I need to work on (after 46 years of riding you would think I could do a basic turn).

I need to work on keeping my feet on the pegs rather than taking a dab when I don't really need to. My #1 rule when out trail riding is to not fall down, I need to try a little harder to just keep them on the pegs!

I highly encourage going- everyone was friendly and helpful, I just said I knew nothing! Lots of good tips.

(I did win the class, which was very surprising to me since I didn't think I rode that well!)

Mark

Edited by lotus54
  • Like 1

Cool, glad you enjoyed it..............awesome isnt it? Ive been on bikes for 27 years but only trials for just less than a year. Amazing how difficult it is to do simple things, almost like learning to ride all over again. I love it :D

You couldn't do any worse than my first trial. Coming out of the very first section up a slight bank my throttle stuck open,Panicked and ended up disappearing into a load of bramble bushes for five minutes. Every one was p****** themselves laughing at me followed by a round of applause for the entertainment value I think. Any way sorted the carb. and removed the thorns from various places and carried on regardless. I still spend more of my time on my a*** than on the bike but I love it. You can only look a fool once then it's expected!!