Balancing

toetoe

i have been doing about half an hour a day, just on my balance but with the engine off, my progress was really slow, i could manage about 5 seconds at the very best until i read through some of the posts and over night i can now do over one minuet, i couldn't believe how much easier it is bye letting air out of my tyres and standing in the correct way, tomorrow i am going to start learning to balance after coming to a stand still with the engine running, is their any other tips that you could share with me, that could make it easier or is it just the same as doing it without the engine running and plenty of practice.

Are you running correct tire pressure? 4 and 7. Or Flat? Remember to practice with the wheel turned in either direction. Use foot pressure to regain balance. It takes hours. Might have fun with stopping and restarting the bike from a balanced position.

• Like 2

Have you done any trials yet ? Try practicing balancing whilst waiting in the cue after you`ve walked the section of course, don`t know why but I find it easier when I`m all warmed up after doing a couple of sections. Also there is normally an incline knocking about too just to mix it up a bit. Good luck.

i have done about six hours, i will have transport shortly after xmas, i hope but until then all i can do is use a small garden at the front of my flat and about a 15 foot piece of land that is along the side of my flat so i am restricted to what i can do, i would go on a trial tomorrow if i could get there, just for fun and their isn't really anyone to take me, without it costing me a fortune this is why i am practicing the things i can do until i have transport.

i noticed that if i concentrate on something, i'm fine but as soon as i move my head i lose my balance, so thats something i can improve on, i take it that when they say 4 and 7 for tyre pressure it is 4 in the rear and 7 in the front, my front at the moment is around 5 so i can increase the psi slowly as i progress, i have also got a concrete block in the garden, so i thought of riding over it but stoping with the rear tyre on the block to change things up a little, i will just have to be patient while i'm waiting to get transport, thanks for the help everyone.

i can go almost as long as i want with the front wheel turned to the left but not so good with it turned to the right so i'm practicing more with the wheel turned right, the tyres are now about 3psi in the rear and 4 psi in the front, for some strange reason if i put my foot on the back break i can balance much better, i also practice changing gear at the same time as balancing so it breaks the concentration, when i can do over 2 minuets with the wheel turned left and right i put a little bit more air in just the back tyre then do it all again and put a small amount of air in the front, it's all i can do for the moment but i have just had a letter from the dvla saying that they have sent a letter to my doctor and as soon they get a letter back saying i'm fit to drive i can then go to proper practice areas and get involved with a club and trials meetings, very soon i hope.