High Compression Head

sherco34

High comp heads will improve low end power, They make the bike more snappy and improve low end grunt. They will aid performance well in the summer when the air is hotter and less dense or if you ride at high altitudes.

The down sides are that they can make the bike run slightly hotter and they can slightly reduce revs at the top end but only in extreme high revs.

I have run high comp heads on my Gas Gas 300 and the Sherco 300 both bikes had boyesen carbon reeds and keihin carb and made a big difference in performance.

In summer I would reccomend fitting the CSP waterpump kit to keep the temps cooler.

They are simpole to fit also.

There is a Very high comp insert on the auction site at the moment for a fiver, well worth a punt to experiment with.

High comp heads will improve low end power, They make the bike more snappy and improve low end grunt. They will aid performance well in the summer when the air is hotter and less dense or if you ride at high altitudes.

The down sides are that they can make the bike run slightly hotter and they can slightly reduce revs at the top end but only in extreme high revs.

I have run high comp heads on my Gas Gas 300 and the Sherco 300 both bikes had boyesen carbon reeds and keihin carb and made a big difference in performance.

In summer I would reccomend fitting the CSP waterpump kit to keep the temps cooler.

They are simpole to fit also.

There is a Very high comp insert on the auction site at the moment for a fiver, well worth a punt to experiment with.

Okay thanks! Think i might invest in one then, also would i need to take the whole clutch casing off to fit the waterpump or not?

From memory I think you could just remove the cover and change the impellor then re fit with the spacer.

Some impellors have a left hand thread, so watch out when undoing as you can wreck the old one if un-done the wrong way. I done this on my Gasser, I should have known better.