Tubeless Tyres

toetoe

do tubeless tyres need special wheels or can i fit them to any type, i have seen two kinds on youtube, one with a rim tape and another with a inner bladder, i think it was called tu-bliss, is one better than the other, also how can i tell if i have a tubeless tyre already fitted.

Just to be complete:

If you put a tube in a tubeless rim, without drilling a hole in the rim to mount a tire lock (like the one in your front tyre), there's a great chance you'll tear of the valve if you brake or accelerate a bit hard.

• Like 1

I think your looking for a tire. A Dunlop 803 seems to hold the bead better if you are using a tube on a tubeless rim. Just my useless observation. Ha!

not really but what happened was, out of curiosity i asked about the tyre tread and then a friend came to my house and asked to look at my bike and the rear tyre was flat, but i have not gone out on it but the one thing i have done is let air out of it to practice balancing, i will check it tomorrow to see if it is the valve or not.

Tubeless rims are different from tube type rims. As are the tires. Tubeless are designed to stay on the bead at the very low pressures used on modern trials bikes.

Your Sherco came from new with tubeless tires and rims. As others have said, if your has a slow leak it is not a problem. As long as it holds pressure for a day or two. Adding a tube to a tubeless tire is not really a good idea - Extra weight, heat and wear in the sidewalls.

As others have mentioned, you should check your tire pressure every day before riding anyway.

Tubeless rims are different from tube type rims. As are the tires. Tubeless are designed to stay on the bead at the very low pressures used on modern trials bikes.

Your Sherco came from new with tubeless tires and rims. As others have said, if your has a slow leak it is not a problem. As long as it holds pressure for a day or two. Adding a tube to a tubeless tire is not really a good idea - Extra weight, heat and wear in the sidewalls.

As others have mentioned, you should check your tire pressure every day before riding anyway.

thanks, thats what i wanted to know, i will check the valve later although now it will probably be ok and if the tyre stays up for a day or two then i will leave it for now but in a few months i hope to start trials meetings so i will buy a new tyre and rim band, i have seen different methods of trying to seal leaks with different types of things but i think it makes more sense and easier to just renew, i do have a brother who works at the Michelin in stoke so i will ask him first to see what price he can get tyres at.

it is the valve, i'v just checked it, also i had a look at the front and that has a tube, it's got a something that is about the same size as the valve but it is threaded bar with a lock nut to tighten it up to the rim, it is opposite from the valve, i can only guess that it is to hold the tyre to the rim.

it is the valve, i'v just checked it, also i had a look at the front and that has a tube, it's got a something that is about the same size as the valve but it is threaded bar with a lock nut to tighten it up to the rim, it is opposite from the valve, i can only guess that it is to hold the tyre to the rim.

The best way to find where a tire is leaking is to air it up and put it under water then look for the bubbles. You can do this in a tank or even a puddle. You don't even need to take the wheel off the bike. Sometimes the valves leak, more often there is a leak around the rim strip that is inside the tire. They can be a pain in the @** to get sealed completely. Hence, just check it before your ride.

If the valve is leaking you can simply replace the internal core. It does take a special "tool" to unscrew and install a new one. Some of the screw on caps have the double prong "tool" built into the top of that cap. If not, any tire store will have replacement valves and caps.

IF your brother can get good prices in Michelin tires, I predict you will have lots of friends very quickly in your local clubs!

The best way to find where a tire is leaking is to air it up and put it under water then look for the bubbles. You can do this in a tank or even a puddle. You don't even need to take the wheel off the bike. Sometimes the valves leak, more often there is a leak around the rim strip that is inside the tire. They can be a pain in the @** to get sealed completely. Hence, just check it before your ride.

If the valve is leaking you can simply replace the internal core. It does take a special "tool" to unscrew and install a new one. Some of the screw on caps have the double prong "tool" built into the top of that cap. If not, any tire store will have replacement valves and caps.

IF your brother can get good prices in Michelin tires, I predict you will have lots of friends very quickly in your local clubs!

thanks for the information, now i know it's the valve it's not to much of a concern and yes if he can get cheap tyres i suppose i will have some new friends, i know that he gets his car tyres free but thats just for his own car but any discount is good discount, i'm meeting him tomorrow so i will ask him.

thanks for the information, now i know it's the valve it's not to much of a concern and yes if he can get cheap tyres i suppose i will have some new friends, i know that he gets his car tyres free but thats just for his own car but any discount is good discount, i'm meeting him tomorrow so i will ask him.

I have changed the valve and everything looks good, the valve tool and four valve inserts cost me £1.50 from ebay, cheep as chips.

• Like 1