Am I Too Old?

top ghia

• 1 month later...

Hi all. My 14 year old has a KX85 Motorcross bike and to give him some riding time in a safe and legal enviroment we have paid our fee to Grant and have been using Eadon fields at dronfield. Im sure some of you will know it. Obviously while there we have seen the trials riders and im keen to have a go. I sold my last road bike 2 years ago and apart from a go on the lads bike have not riden since and have never riden trials. So at 47 am i too old to start? Im 5'8 and 11 stone reasonably fit, but im guessing it quite a physical sport.

Any other late starters on here to offer advice?

Cheers gary.

Hi gary...never too old 47...ive seen fellas riding trials in there 70s...im 51 and still enjoying it...you dont have to be that fit either

This post gave me some insperation, I turn 50 in two months and bought my first trials bike also after a long break from Enduro/Motorcross type riding. I still ride my road bikes but the old ich is back and I was thinking the same thing as the OP.

• 2 weeks later...