New Forum For New Vertigo Brand

Andy

Looking forward to seeing more on this and more information about the project. Trials is great in the sense that there is a wide variety of brands becoming available with Ossa and JTG in recent years- look back a while ago and it was only Montesa, Beta & Gas Gas.

Good luck to them,but does it make commercial sense?Trials is a small market with probably too many manufacturers already,you'd have to make a bike as good or better to ride,ensure reliability and cheap enough to affect the established brands,

If Dougie reads this it would be nice to have the following things for us cheapskate trials riders.

A flipable back wheel so you dont have to turn the tyre just disc/ sprocket.

Some form of handlebar height adjustment

low maintenance airbox/filter

Cheap decals

Cheap or unbreakable plastics like in the 70's !!!!

Factory made sets of frame/fork protectors

And lastly some velcro footpegs would top it off for me

• Like 2

commercial sence? it is a small market,sounds like bloke who wants to make bike has plenty of money.possible a hobby for him?four or two stroke?too many smelly two strokes out there.four stroke will have to compete with best made bike in the world the honda Montesa.

Wow this is interesting. As a Design Engineer myself, I believe there is some room for innovation with the trials machine (and its not all about designing a new frame ! ) so awaiting with excitement what comes up - Good Luck :)

A flipable back wheel so you dont have to turn the tyre just disc/ sprocket.

I have never looked at this but is this not already available? If not I fancy having a go at designing a new hub that would have this feature. Seems so logical ? Are there any problems with doing this anyone could mention?

I have never looked at this but is this not already available? If not I fancy having a go at designing a new hub that would have this feature. Seems so logical ? Are there any problems with doing this anyone could mention?

Did Talon not make one?

Yes Talon made them but remember sprocket bolts require loctite as do disc bolts. Its easier to turn the tyre ! It was an advantage before tubeless tyres however. I would suggest they follow yamahas lead and ignore wtc altogether. Make a 250 that 75% of riders will improve on and make it reliable and it will sell.

A modern Ty250 isnt available currently but is desperately required.

• Like 2

no problem with designing one of these, if i was back at work and had NX in front of me I could do this in a few hours.