Ht Ariel Rigid Trials Frame

dhs10

Hello does anybody know where I can get the drawings/dimensions for a Ariel HT 1954 rigid frame, I have found a website which mentions Jim Susan's Bikecraft and it says he has retired.

I have attached a picture

post-19407-0-99756500-1388873599_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies I am hoping to see the concrete mixer at the VMCC trial at Chedworth in a couple of weeks.

Is Paul Jackson still making frames, I heard he had also finished making frames? Any contact details?

I was hoping to get the rigid version any other Ideas where I can get plans Jigs, Drawings anything?

He should be there,I'll be crashing around on "Ted breffitt's" Norton,saving my Ht for the Talmag.... Sorry,I don't know if Paul Jackson is still making frames. I've got an original HT springer frame in for repairs, I guess you could make up the dimensions for a rigid rear from that ?

Ok thanks I will try John Bartram, I would really like to try and get the frame I posted in the picture it makes a get looking bike (I hope it handles as good as it looks).

If you wouldn't mind taking some photo's and some dimensions that would be really helpful. I have somebody to make the frame so all I need is to borrow a frame or get the original drawings.

Thanks again

best regards

Duncan

Hi,

I'm fairly confident that the 'Ariel rigid' depicted in the original query is one of Jim Susans' bikes, created whilst he was still operating 'Bikecraft'.

If you want to build an actual Ariel HT replica frame, then the enclosed picture might deter you - I'm sure those used to modern 'so called' pre-65 sections will claim it would be unrideable,

but look for yourself.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-16772400-1389192578_thumb.jpg

Hi Charlie,

'Tis indeed Arthur - part of an article that I did on Celia and Arthur in the chariot gang - article is in the offroadarchive and I'm getting closer by the minute to having the archive available on the web.

One of the features of the archive is that I have thousands of images that I never got to use in ORR or any of the twelve books that I wrote and/or published - and it is taking a little effort in sorting.

'Tis coming - and before long.........

Deryk