Wheel Offset

davey64

Hi all,

Unfortunately, when I bought my Sherpa 199A the previous owner had chopped out the spokes from the front wheel, I think he was planning on rebuilding it.

If anyone has their wheel out of the bike could they measure the offset for me from the face of the brake drum to the outside edge of the rim.

Just for info, I had my rear wheel rebuilt by Sid's Wheels in Stafford, he did a great job, supplied & fitted stainless spokes for 85 quid.

Regards

Dave.

hi mate i had the same problem with 1 of my wheels only thing was it was me what chop the spokes silly me. so i cant remember what the off set was inmotion will know thats how i got it. i had 2 more rebuilt not long ago i didnt chop the spokes out this time. £85 is not bad i paid £100 i also had a new rim and had the hub relined. on 2 off my rear wheels.

I've got an offset of 18mm written down from a previous measurement, which was from the edge of the drum on the brake side to the edge of the lip on the rim (original Akront with the lip around the edge, not a flat sided rim)

It can be difficult to get an accurate measurement from a used wheel as the rim may have buckles and even an average of several measurements from around the rim can still get it a little out. I think I have a newly built wheel somewhere, if so I'll check the measurements on that tomorrow.