Tiger Cubs

laird387

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Help...!!!

Another negative from my pile of 'lost' - where the identity details have become separated - but I recognise that wall, I can remember riding that section on my Ariel and I'm fairly certain it wasn't far from Ludlow in a South Birmingham round of the Sammy Miller series - but the name of this rider of the tidy Tiger Cub and the date, etc. just elude me, so, like I said, help........

But other than that, enjoy!

(If you're reading this Derek, sorry, I knew your face but could I put a name to it...........

anyway, sparks has corrected me - it is, of course, Derek Oldham.

Deryk)

post-19290-0-99699200-1398333139_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Help...!!!

Another negative from my pile of 'lost' - where the identity details have become separated - but I recognise that wall, I can remember riding that section on my Ariel and I'm fairly certain it wasn't far from Ludlow in a South Birmingham round of the Sammy Miller series - but the name of this rider of the tidy Tiger Cub and the date, etc. just elude me, so, like I said, help........

But other than that, enjoy!

Hi Deryk

Image #49:-

I think it's Derek Oldham.

Regards

Sparks

Taken at the Scottish Pre 65 (day 2) in 2011 at the exit from pipeline. I like this picture because:

• its sunny.
  • it looks like a 1964 cub ( and I think he had a good ride up pipeline); other than the riding gear it could be 1964.

DSCF2699.jpg

More photos from the 2011 event here:

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/topic/36406-pre-65-scottish-2011-photographs/?hl=%2Bscottish+%2B2011

Edited by esteve
  • Like 1

Hi,

Sadly another image consigned to 'the way it was' is this photograph, taken by Mary Wylde, of Frank McMullen riding his Tiger Cub in the 1993 Tour of Islwyn. Why consigned, well, as is so often the modern way members of the organising club drifted away, replacements were not to be found - the newer generation expected 'service providers' to do the work, which they were quite happy to pay for!

That finally resulted in insufficient members to run the trial, or the monthly club trials, or the classes of the youth trials championship round or even the day of 'riding for the disabled', so the club was wound up, donations made to the charities who had helped in the disabled days and the whole consigned to history. How sad.

post-19290-0-72136400-1398853017_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

Another Tiger Cub seen at the 1993 Talmag by Mary Wylde, I reckon it's Tjeu Schreurs?

Enjoy.

(Burkhard Hamm - says Ducman - Thanks for your help, another sorted!)

post-19290-0-27211700-1399280057_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

My apologies, I can't give you this rider's name, but I know he was riding in the 1993 Talmag Trophy! Obviously he is on a Cub - but enjoy!!

The photograph was taken by Mary Wylde.

post-19290-0-82897100-1399280380_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone identify this rider of the fairly standard looking Triumph Tiger Cub, who found himself opening the course round Hungry Hill at the 1993 Talmag.

(My mate Charlie says, Ken OBrien, of the Oford Ixion club, thanks)

Photo: Mary Wylde. enjoy.

post-19290-0-20278700-1402663888_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Seen in the 1992 Frank Jones trial organised by yours truly for the Builth Wells club, who is this rider on his very tidy Tiger Cub. I have a feeling his name was something like 'Bright' and he had a motorcycle shop somewhere in Staffordshire - I certainly remember him riding in much earlier trials when I was in the Market Drayton club in the early 1960s.

(Thanks to sparks, yes it is indeed Phil Bright - memory only needed a little jog!)

Photo: Mary Wylde, enjoy.

post-19290-0-19746400-1402664545_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387

Hi,

Seen in the 1992 Frank Jones trial organised by yours truly for the Builth Wells club, who is this rider on his very tidy Tiger Cub. I have a feeling his name was something like 'Bright' and he had a motorcycle shop somewhere in Staffordshire - I certainly remember him riding in much earlier trials when I was in the Market Drayton club in the early 1960s.

Photo: Mary Wylde, enjoy.

Phil Bright ???