Older Montesas.

laird387

Hi,

Lawrence Telling again, this time at Burrington in the 1972 A-CU Inter-centre Team Trial, photographed by Alan Vines.

A confident stance by 'Sparky', leading the Wessex lads under the management of Dick Green of the Bath
& West Club. (Minety Vale mud was never like this!). Finishing eighth overall, the team of Lawrence, Chris Watts, Brian Shuttleworth, Norman Colin and Peter Valentine had the satisfaction of being one place ahead of their neighbours the Western team.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-03314000-1392543686_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi,

The end of the road for Rob Edwards on this particular hazard at Burrington, but with just a little more luck Rob led and managed the East Yorkshire Centre team with Jack Galloway, Mick Dennis, Brian Hutchinson and C Worley who were fifth best finishers, in the 1972 A-CU Inter=centre Team Trial at Burrington.

Photographed by Alan Vines - enjoy.

post-19290-0-53209900-1392544734_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

In the 1972 A-CU Inter-centre Team trial, still wearing his familiar black and white woolly hat Gordon Farley lost just 40 marks to lead home the fourth placed South Eastern Centre team, joined by Derek Adsett, Richard Whitebread, Alan Ketley and Ken Brooker. The team manager was C G Edwards.

Interestingly, a mere handful of miles from Burrington in 1998 in the area around Ludlow, with the help of old friends of the South Birmingham club, we organised a Pre-65 Inter-centre Team trial for teams of riders with eligible machines in the nine classes of my British Bike championship - great fun was had by all!

Incidentally, in a recent post somebody asked about Bob Light - well, that's Bob watching in the background of this Alan Vines photograph.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-19737700-1392714017_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tirmark,

Sorry - I'm afraid that I was one of the old fuddy-duddies who refused to give in to the second (successful) Spanish Armada - so the nearest I came was a special sidecar outfit with a works Ossa motor - so my recognition skills of the other makes is not good! However, I have acted on your correction.

Cheers

Deryk

Edited by laird387
  • Like 1

Hi,

Another image from the 'lost' pile so I can't tell you where and when - but a likely guess for John Reynolds in his days on the Montesa could be the Ilkley New Year trial, which did have some snowy years? Photo: Barry Robinson

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-69646100-1395586049_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi,

This is another of the negatives that has become separated from its identity, so we can tell you that it is obviously Malcolm Rathmell and he is on his way to the runner-up spot in the Alan Trophy on his 349 Sandiford Montesa - but we are not sure about the year - possibly 1979? Over to you armchair sleuths - please help put the records straight.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-15731100-1395990061_thumb.jpg

Edited by laird387
  • Like 2

Hi,

This is another of the negatives that has become separated from its identity, so we can tell you that it is obviously Malcolm Rathmell and he is on his way to the runner-up spot in the Northern Experts on his 349 Sandiford Montesa - but we are not sure about the year - possibly 1979? Over to you armchair sleuths - please help put the records straight.

Enjoy.

Deryk

I don't think it's the Northern Experts.

The bib has CCMCC printed on it and it looks like the northern fells.

Perhaps the Alan Trophy Trial again?

Regards

Sparks

Hi tirmark,

Thanks for that, Terry is now in the Bultaco section where he belongs.

I'm afraid my interest in modern trials was transferred to creating the pre-65 scene in 1972, and I'm afraid it will always show in slips like that - happily easily corrected with your help.

Deryk

Edited by laird387