Where Is This Bike From?

scot taco

This is on a somewhat local listing for sale as a "UK" trials bike.Pretty sure it has a non stock seat,but don,t think I,ve ever seen one.Is it Chinese? A friend of mine is interested in it.

Rode one back in the early 90's as I recall. San Diego Trials dealer was given one as a demo and we all took a turn on it.

Nobody had any kind comments about it.

• Like 1

Our local dealer had them at the time and I had a ride on one. Forks were very notchy and stiff, we think it was caused by the mudguard brace pulling them out of line. Rear shocks not even average. Motor gasped at bottom end, just where you need it to pull cleanly.

I remember Jon Bliss riding one in the Sebac series for a while. He converted it to reed valve and sorted all the problems out and it seemed to go reasonably well, but in standard form, at that time, as a budget entry trials bike, you'd have been far better off with a used mono Yam which would have comprehensively slaughtered the RTX in performance in all areas.

• Like 1

Hi scot

the bike is a regent rtx {regent trials experiment] the parts were made in Russia and assembled in the uk at a place called goxhill in north Lincolnshire about 15 miles from where I live.a friend of mine was there development rider they were made with minsk engines either 125cc or 200cc not too sure how many they made but recently there were 2 for sale on ebay in the town I live in,i have also seen at a classic trial last year one fitted with a triumph tiger cub engine which looked very neat. they guy who brought them in still has a shop in goxhill called regent motocross im sure he is on the web hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...