Acu Advice

toetoe

with not being a member of a club, i thought i would apply for my Trial Registration with the ACU, so i could just turn up at meetings and have my licence all done, below is an email i was sent after i paid my £10 but i have not received a licence yet, does it take a long time or have i missed something.

Payment Confirmation for

Your payment of Friday, 3 January 2014 @ 21:31

Reference Number: 8

Qty

Description

Price

New Online Licence Application for 2014 -Trial Registration for ACU Member Number

£10.00

Payment Grand Total

£10.00

PLEASE NOTE - FOR LICENCE APPLICATIONS THIS IS A RECEIPT FOR PAYMENT.

*** THIS IS NOT PROOF OF LICENCE ***

This email confirms that the payment to The Auto-Cycle Union Ltd for the items detailed above has been successful. Please keep this email for your records and quote the Reference Number in any correspondance to us.

The Auto-Cycle Union Limited 
ACU House, Wood Street, Rugby, Warwickshire. CV21 2YX 
Telephone: 01788 566400, Fax: 01788 573585

You need to join a club! you cannot be a member of the ACU unless you are in a club that is affiliated to the ACU. When you join a club they will give you a unique ID number starting with 14------. you need to put this in your application.

Hi,

When you apply for a license online you have to complete the form which will ask for a ref number from your club. Îf you don't have one the ACU will issue a ref number for you from an ACU affiliated / appointed club which from memory is either £10 or £15 as opposed to paying £5 from your local trials club.

From memory if you had a ref no from your club this would have cost you £5 and the licence would have been £10. If you did not supply a ref no and left this to the ACU they will charge you either £20 or £25.

Well it says payment conformation on the recipe and I do want to join a club, l just don't know which one, I would of done that first if l had known but I was on the acu site, just to have a look and I saw the registration form so I just started to fill it in then it seemed all I had to do was send the ten pound, so I did and now I'm here, all confused to what I paid ten pound for.

Suggestion. Why don't you ring the ACU on the phone number on the website and ask them to clarify the status of you application and if you gave been charged £10.

When the license is applied for correctly the ACU are quite good and usually have the license sent out within a day or two !

the reason for not knowing which club to join was i am planing to move back to my home town stoke on trent but after reading the last few replies i will probably be joining a club in derbyshire, it would be the best one for me if i move or if i stay where i am, i have already arranged for somebody to phone for me on monday as cancer left me with a very bad speech inpediment and i have also sent an email, thanks for the help, i'll let you know how i get on.

you will also need to send a photo of your self, and the comment above about paying day membership will not apply as once you have your licence, you will be able to ride at most acu meetings in your area.

I am sure you will not have lost your money, the ACU licence department are quite on the ball and they are very quick at getting the completed applications processed.

TLTEL

join Macclesfied trials club on line its free and they will email you with a code for the acu licence

thanks Andy, i made myself a member of macclesfield trials club last knight, i received a conformation email and i am waiting for them to send me a code for my licence, i have also had a reply from the acu asking me which club i am a member of so maybe today i can clear up the mess i'v made, thanks for your patience i will keep you informed.
  • Like 1