Enfield Bullets

laird387

Hi,

Another image of a Royal Enfield Bullet, this time Steve Allen winning the Taunton Jubilee trial in, I think, 1999.

Steve still rides - I suspect he keeps his bikes as immaculate as always.

Note that I've described it as a Royal Enfield, because Redditch sold all the drawings and tools for the old Bullet to an Indian manufacturing company in Madras, who proceeded to manufacture and sell them around the world in their tens of thousands. They had the right to call the Madras models 'Enfield Bullets'.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-59665000-1390224664_thumb.jpg

hi deryk thanks for the trip down memory lane the enfield was nice strong bike the trend at the time was to make engines bigger so it went from 350 to 420 useing one of your favorite bikes piston the b40 it had greeves grivon clutch the gearbox allways let it down ok if you was allways in bottom gear the enfield was never as good as my ajs cheers stan

Hi,

Another image of a Royal Enfield Bullet, this time Steve Allen winning the Taunton Jubilee trial in, I think, 1999.

Steve still rides - I suspect he keeps his bikes as immaculate as always.

Note that I've described it as a Royal Enfield, because Redditch sold all the drawings and tools for the old Bullet to an Indian manufacturing company in Madras, who proceeded to manufacture and sell them around the world in their tens of thousands. They had the right to call the Madras models 'Enfield Bullets'.

Enjoy.

Deryk, I think your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you describe Steve's bikes as immaculate ! I'm looking forward to seeing what he ends up riding at the Talmag on sunday.... Whichever bike he rides it will be just as rough as my HT5 which I hope will last the day too. :o

Hi,

Bill Yates lived in the Preston area, drove a two-seater open sports car and, to my personal certain knowledge, brought this old Royal Enfield Bullet Trials to the Talmag for at least twenty years on the back of his car. Seen here in the 2001 Talmag Trophy trial.

Enjoy.

post-19290-0-78095800-1390401658_thumb.jpg

Hi jon v8,

Sorry John, but no, Steve's bikes were always immaculate - perhaps he knew he had to get them past my scrutineering - or, better yet, wanted Mary and I to be attracted by the sparkle through our lenses!!

Deryk

Deryk, like most of us family and business pressures can limit our time to fettle bikes,Steves bikes now look like mine ! But his riding ability has not diminished...

• Like 1