Gaerne Boots

scot taco

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a new pair of oileds , I walked around in them for about 10 minutes and decided that broke them in . :)

I've ridden both my 240 and section with them on now , (just playing in the yard ) and I really like the feel and ,sensitivity and comfort . I just hope they last , as I handed down my novagars to my son as they are still in great shape after about 6 years :) Ya know , I got the new airoh helmet so I just had to get new boots too ... :)

Glenn

• 3 months later...

Are Motocross, off road, Trials boots all of the same design purpose? That is, brands aside, is there a distinction between Trials and other off road boots. We are trying to gear up on a budget, to get used to using appropriate kit. We will upgrade later but for now we need one of everything - and my son might as well get the feel learning to ride with proper stiff boots then have to learn all over again with something that feels way different than just a pair of work boots. Is a used pair of Motocross boots an appropriate and safe choice?

One important thing in trials is the sometimes very delicate use of the rear brake. You won't be able to do that with MX boots.

You also need much more liberty of movement while standing on the pegs, which again is limited by MX boots.

I even notice a differnce when I use my Gearne or my AlpineStars trials boots, the Gearnes are more flexible and give me a better feel of what the bike is doing etc...

One thing could be improved on the Gearnes: The buckles don't close firm enough.

• Like 1

Good advice, I was starting to look for boots locally and all that is available are Motocross. I guess I have to expand my search a little. If I hadn't found this thread I wold have bought Motocross boots.

Edited by pat_56
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

22 hours ago, cascao said:

Anyone had tried Gaerne G.all terrain model? They are good? Need replacement to my Alpinestars and this one is cheaper.

http://www.gaerne.com/boots/en/articolo/3/85/173/2530-013/brown/

Thanks

Ive got the gore tex all terrain and quite a few others I ride with have them as well. No complaints at all and recently in freezing weather spending the day walking in streams my feet are always warm and dry.

• Like 1

I wore Gaerne Balance Oiled, but I have some foot problems and they are just too slipper like, with minimal support.  I switched to Alpinestars Tech T boots, when they were introduced.  My feet prefer the stiffer sole and the extra protection of the Tech T's, but the Gaerne soles are more grippy.  A Gaerne with a shank in the sole, would be better for me.  Anyone have any experience with Forma Boulder?

Forma Boulders have a hard sole which is good.  Mine haven't worn well, but I've patched them so will get me money's worth.

They're not a supportive shape, but you can get insoles with arch support which might see you right (look on the famous auction website for Orthotic Insoles), come high up on your thighs, and are pretty hard - a big plus if you fall off as much as I do ;)